WWing with Paws

Bill Simpson

I guess being a Pa Paw gives me experience, but lately I have had some problems, about 3 months ago I started loosing control of my hands and my arms legs and back hae been getting weaker. Dropped 25 pounds w/o trying.

I can grip somewhat with my fingers but not thumbs and can't easily open a closed fist so that is why I am calling them Paws... I have had cameras probed in every opening in my body (some not pleasent), CAT scaned, MRIs, 16 blood tests, urine analysis, Xrayed top to bottom, stuck with needles and shocked, a whole alphabet of tests w/o any terrible results or any answers, next week a neuroligist will stat testing anew... I already have learned what I don't have...

I desided this was not going to keep me from my pleasures so (although slow) I am still active. I have always been a Jigs & Fixtures sort of guy so most of my activities are putting together jigs to do what my hands used to do. I'm on hold now waiting till my son comes over and can change the TS blade for me (I tried today but don't have enough strength to loosen the old,
or tighten the new)

Today I turned 48 ft. of 3/4" Hard Maple into 3/8" (0.385") for Model T windows... When I get the blade changed, I can setup for joints.
Oh,well... I'm tired now anyway. (which happens often)

Aww Bill, That must be frustrating.

What's inspiring is that the will to create is still there and that you are still making stuff!

I'm know we'd appreciate seeing some pictures of the jigs you've made.

hang in there Bill and use both hands to hold your hot coffee cup

Sorry to see this, Bill. Not knowing what's causing the problem must be as frustrating as the problem itself. I'll echo Brent in saying we'd enjoy seeing photos of some gigs as you get them built. (Or as you're building them.)

Hang in there Bill. Hoping for the best:thumb: I had back surgery 3 weeks ago and my left leg is starting to decide it still belongs to me. A little later the right rotator cuff gets repaired, but I'm left handed.

Just remember:

We may be goin' slower but we're still goin'. You kids just have more time to get outa the way!!:D

Thanks for the good vibs and thoughtful words...

Didn't want to whine but just fealt like unloading a bit...

Jigs are nothing special. just featherboards and such, with wood pushers.

Haven't made any "special" cuts, yet. Just lickin' my wounds today, spent too much energy yesterday, but got a lot done. Perhaps tomorrow.