Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farm photos

Farm photos

These are three of the saddle horses I needed to haul hay to which created the project with Whitey the truck. KW is the appaloosa nearest us, his grandmother in the middle, Friendly, my old posse horse, 26 years old. Beside her, the buckskin, Bugger, Friendly's son. Three generations and the mare that started all of this is dead but was my 4H mare that I used in drill team, contested, roped, trail classed as well as placed second many times in Western Horsemanship. Thus the reason for raising get from her. No papers, but all heart, each and every one of them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KW, Friendly, Bugger.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	50443

It's late, will be updating this with more photos of things I photographed while doing chores the other night.

What I am trying to do is get away from the thumbnails and get the larger picture like Cynthia. Am using the paperclip icon to select the photos from my desktop, making them less than 150, then uploading them. Then going back to the paperclip icon and attaching them. But the size is still small.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    ...What I am trying to do is get away from the thumbnails and get the larger picture like Cynthia. Am using the paperclip icon to select the photos from my desktop, making them less than 150, then uploading them. Then going back to the paperclip icon and attaching them. But the size is still small.
    Try this, Jon:

1. Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size, using the paperclip icon.

2. Write the text you want, and figure out where you want the pics to be within that text. (Don't put anything in those places yet, though.)

3. Click the Preview Post button to see the post. At the bottom of the preview, you'll see thumbnails for all the pics you uploaded.

4. Click on the first thumbnail. It will open the 800 pixel version of the photo in another window.

5. Right-click on the 800 pixel photo, and select Copy Image Location (or something similar, depending on the browser you're using).

6. Go back to your post (it's still shown below the preview pane) and put the cursor where you want the first pic to appear in the text.

7. Click the Insert Image icon (looks like a mountain and the moon). In the pop-up box that's displayed, right-click and select Paste. (Or even faster, just press <Ctrl>-V to paste the image location into the pop-up box.)

8. Click Submit Reply and marvel at your new skills.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In Case of Nothing to Do.jpg  
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Cool Johnathan. Keep me sane put some more farm pics up.

Vaughn thats a good one. In my shop i think the glass would be constantly broke. I often go in there just to putter around kinda gives my border guard something to do. Would not want his list on my activities to get too short.

I am gonna pinch that one and blow it up and laminate it.

Oh i dont think Glenn will be wanting a copy, he dont have any dust.
    cheers

I have copied those instructions.

Now I have a couple of questions.

"Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size"

Explain how to get to the 800 pixel size. I thought images had a pixel by pixel reference. Do you mean 800 x 800?

Second question: "using the paper clip icon"

I've been going down to "Manage Attachments to upload pictures. That's not right?

Carol, got an idea, hows about i put it on my list to show you when we hook up on skype.? Picture tells a thousand words
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    I have copied those instructions.

Now I have a couple of questions.

"Upload the pics in their 800 pixel size"

Explain how to get to the 800 pixel size. I thought images had a pixel by pixel reference. Do you mean 800 x 800?

Second question: "using the paper clip icon"

I've been going down to "Manage Attachments to upload pictures. That's not right?
    By "800 pixel size", I mean the photo resized to whatever will fit within the 800 x 800 limit we have here. For most photos, that'll be either 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. I should have been more specific.

In the toolbar at the top of the box where we type our posts, there's a little icon that looks like a paperclip. It's just a shortcut to the Manage Attachments button. (The toolbar doesn't show up if you have the editing preferences in your profile set to "Basic Editor - A Simple Text Box".)

I hope this helps -
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Farm photos / resizing pix

Jonathan and Carol, try this link. I have used it successfully to resize any photos.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Farm photos

Vaughn,

I gotta build me one of them. (Hmmm, maybe a few more for Christmas gifts)
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Great looking horses and great history about them. I'm looking forward to seeing more farm pics.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    By "800 pixel size", I mean the photo resized to whatever will fit within the 800 x 800 limit we have here.
    800 x 800?? I was convinced that it was 300 x 300 and I couldn't understand why my pictures were so small.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...