Delta Super 900 radial arm saw

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I have found three of these from $145-$200.

It is listed as early 1960's and 9". The angle adjusts independently of the height mechanism. Sounds like a good idea.

Anyone have one or had experience with one?

What say you guru's?

Attachments

• Deta 900 radial arm saw.jpg
    Deta 900 radial arm saw.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 125
The other one was pulled from Craigslist by Monday. I think these are bit more robust! Probably overkill. :thumb:

Also, I have a schematic to build the automatic motor mover like the one on YouTube posted last week. WooHoo!

Ain't Google wonderful? :rofl:

Those have great reputations and are very versatile machines. By all means looks at those. Of course, condition is everything!

There are times I wish I had one instead of my DeWalt.

Thanks, Don. That saves me a stop tomorrow. When and where do I meet the guy from the church? I'd like for it to be between 10 and 12. I have a full day, so the closer to 10, the better, or even earlier.

OK, I popped for one. It is in California and I will be there in a couple of weeks anyway. I will send a deposit and he will hold it for me. Said he had a couple of calls but no real interest. So he is willing.

Yee Haw!

And I have the air cylinder system worked out to advance the saw automatically, just like the You Tube last week.

This is gonna be a sweet project.

OK, I popped for one. It is in California and I will be there in a couple of weeks anyway. I will send a deposit and he will hold it for me. Said he had a couple of calls but no real interest. So he is willing.

Yee Haw!

And I have the air cylinder system worked out to advance the saw automatically, just like the You Tube last week.

This is gonna be a sweet project.

Make sure to post the pics of the air cylinder... I'd like to duplicate it!

OK Brent.

When its done and I have it working, I'll posts pix and offer the schematic with part numbers to those who want it.

Family members share.