Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going for my 'Larry' look

Going for my 'Larry' look

Haven't grown a beard in 15 years and haven't mostly because the girls I dated then didn't like them. I grew it out for the halloween party and my wife says she likes the look. It's now 7 days old and starting to get past the prickly stage. It used to be reddish in color back then, but it's now mostly gray...what happened? I suspect it's been the 2 kids and 3 mortgages between then and now that is the culprit.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Beard, what beard, I doon see no beard.
    No pictures no beard
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

How about a FWW beard contest? We can see who has the most gray.

grey beard , are we permitted to dye it grey ?

Not fair, Larry would win...

So, as far as contest rules, would it be existing beards? Shave and start a new one? Interesting idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post

So, as far as contest rules, would it be existing beards? Shave and start a new one? Interesting idea...
    Larry would win the scragly beard contest but I think I could give him a run for his money for the greyest.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post

I nominate Brent to come up with the rules for the contest. Oh and we will need a bearded smiley.

I'm game.

1. On the contest start date, all contestants will post a picture of themselves, clean shaven, with something that clearly identifies the starting date. Acceptable verification of date would be a newspaper, or their cell phone showing the current date and time.
    2. The contest will run for 3 months.
    3. At the end of the 3 month period, prizes will be awared for:
      • Longest Beard
      • Most Creative Beard
      • Grayest Beard

Just a start, any suggestions?

yea who's gonna tell Larry he's gotta shave in order to be eligable to enter.

Nov 1 start date? It is a Monday.

What do we do for the ladies in the house? Maybe we can let Cynthia and Carrol be the judges?