Going for my 'Larry' look

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't grown a beard in 15 years and haven't mostly because the girls I dated then didn't like them. I grew it out for the halloween party and my wife says she likes the look. It's now 7 days old and starting to get past the prickly stage. It used to be reddish in color back then, but it's now mostly gray...what happened? :dunno: I suspect it's been the 2 kids and 3 mortgages between then and now that is the culprit. :rolleyes: :D :rofl:

Not fair, Larry would win...

So, as far as contest rules, would it be existing beards? Shave and start a new one? Interesting idea...

I'm game.

1. On the contest start date, all contestants will post a picture of themselves, clean shaven, with something that clearly identifies the starting date. Acceptable verification of date would be a newspaper, or their cell phone showing the current date and time.
  2. The contest will run for 3 months.
  3. At the end of the 3 month period, prizes will be awared for:
    • Longest Beard
    • Most Creative Beard
    • Grayest Beard

Just a start, any suggestions?

Nov 1 Start, Jan 31 End?

Works for me!

I have a feeling Larry shaves everyday, and at the end of the day, that's what he looks like :D

We can put up a poll, I'd say let everyone vote for the different categories...

HMMmmm, Larry shave:rolleyes: RIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTT:rofl::rofl::rofl: He hasn't shaved since 1988 if I am remembering correctly:eek: Nope he will follow along but start again...............NOT:rofl::rofl::rofl: (I would pay money to see him shaved though:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:) (OH I HAVE seen pics:D) (Does that mean I owe him money:huh::p:rofl::rofl::rofl:)

I don't have to get rid of my mustashe do I?

Clean shaven is clean shaven!

HMMmmm, Larry shave:rolleyes: RIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTT:rofl::rofl::rofl: He hasn't shaved since 1988 if I am remembering correctly:eek: Nope he will follow along but start again...............NOT:rofl::rofl::rofl: (I would pay money to see him shaved though:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:) (OH I HAVE seen pics:D) (Does that mean I owe him money:huh::p:rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Heh, I stand by what I said. I'm sure Larry's beard would grow 12 inches in a day if he shaved....

Haven't grown a beard in 15 years and haven't mostly because the girls I dated then didn't like them. I grew it out for the halloween party and my wife says she likes the look. It's now 7 days old and starting to get past the prickly stage. It used to be reddish in color back then, but it's now mostly gray...what happened? :dunno: I suspect it's been the 2 kids and 3 mortgages between then and now that is the culprit. :rolleyes: :D :rofl:

Funny how some things change...
I stopped shaving the day I retired... not a scraggly beard though... I keep it trimmed...
At 69 years, my hair still has about 90% of it's original color, but for some reason my beard is all white.