Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for family members only, I have some old shelving..

for family members only, I have some old shelving..

I have steel shelving, the grocery store type gondola units, 3 and 4 footers, approx (Id guess, 7 feet high) Its old, but its completely functional and adjustable.
    Any family members that want some for their storage area or garage, Id be more than happy to let you have it for free. You just have to meet me in brooklyn ny to pick it up. (and theres a little disassembling, not that difficult)
    I have an old fashioned heavy steel rolling cart, bed is solid steel around 18 inches by 36 inches long, with a push handle, all solid steel. Works fine.
    I have 10000 peg hooks, the old fashioned kind, used on pegboard, or can be used on slatwall also. You can have as many as youd like. All lengths up to 12 inches, some solid steel, some plastic clips with steel arms. Tons of it.
    I have old office stuff, old metal desk(but still looks good), filing cabinet, clip boards,plastic paper holders(the things on desks to hold incoming and outgoing mail, maybe for sandpaper sheets if you want it) jars full of nails and screws(Im not taking home or sorting out, I have enough), small cube fridge, (if I only had a few inches in my garage to spare), some other odds and ends.

I dont want anything for it, its there for the taking by any family member.
    I know its not gold, but a nice 4 foot steel gondola with a few shelves can be painted and will make a solid shelf unit for the next 100 years, if I had room, Id take some home.

I can meet anyone this saturday, if not it would not be till next weds or thursd, but after that Im going to contact a liquidator or hauler just to clean out what needs to be cleaned out, so if anyone around brooklyn ny is interested, just drop me a pm.

If this post is innappropiate for this forum, since I did not ask for permission, I understand if it gets deleted.

I would just rather see some of the stuff in someones hands that could use it instead of dumping it.

a piece of similar shelving, I just wanted to see how it would look painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinet 087 (Medium).jpg  

no takers, 100s of linear feet of steel shevling, hooks, assorted items.
    Ill be dumping it all to a liquidator this comeing week.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Allen,
    If I weren't 3000 miles away I'd be there in a hilly heart beat. Very gererous of you.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Allen,
    If I weren't 3000 miles away I'd be there in a hilly heart beat. Very gererous of you.
    Same here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

again, Im mentioning I have 1000s of peghooks, a metal desk, filing cabinet, assorted office items, and now Im throwing the 30 drawer metal parts cabinet in the mix.
    Its 12 inches depth, 30 inches wide and 36 inches high. It has all the handles, might need a bit of a cleanup, there are pics somewhere here.
    Its yours for free if you want it, I cant use it, and I didnt pay for it.
    I also want to mention for family members I have the stand for the 22/44, the open stand, I dont need it, its still new in a sealed box if anyone is interested, its free, just need to get it from me, Im not shipping, not worth the schlepping of it all.
    And I have all the gondola shelving you would need, all you have to do is meet me in brooklyn ny and take whatever you want, all free for family members.
    Im going to toss it eventually, so Im just reminding anyone in the tristate area who might be around and could use any of that for their shop.
    The desk is around 4 feet wide, metal, old, but still is in perfect condition, even has the key, and the filing cabinets are black steel, in perfect condition, 4 drawer, no key. I managed to find someone who is taking the fridge, and a few other pieces laying around.
    IM not paying for disposal. There are guys who will gladly take it all and salvage it for whatever they can get, and maybe even pay me a few dollars for it all, but Im not talking any real money, so Id rather it go to a family member who can use it
    found a pic of the cabinet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinet 177 (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by allen levine; 11-15-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Same here.
    X2...........

I may have to go to Queens next week. That parts cabinet would fit nicely somewhere in my shop. I should have an answer by the end of the week.
    Thanks for your generous offer
    Faith, Hope & Charity

bob if you go there yu should get some of that shelfing he has its great stuff and is strong...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Let me know, its here. the shelving is on the brooklyn/queens border line, so I could meet you there if you prefer with the cabinet.