for family members only, I have some old shelving..

allen levine

I have steel shelving, the grocery store type gondola units, 3 and 4 footers, approx (Id guess, 7 feet high) Its old, but its completely functional and adjustable.
Any family members that want some for their storage area or garage, Id be more than happy to let you have it for free. You just have to meet me in brooklyn ny to pick it up. (and theres a little disassembling, not that difficult)
I have an old fashioned heavy steel rolling cart, bed is solid steel around 18 inches by 36 inches long, with a push handle, all solid steel. Works fine.
I have 10000 peg hooks, the old fashioned kind, used on pegboard, or can be used on slatwall also. You can have as many as youd like. All lengths up to 12 inches, some solid steel, some plastic clips with steel arms. Tons of it.
I have old office stuff, old metal desk(but still looks good), filing cabinet, clip boards,plastic paper holders(the things on desks to hold incoming and outgoing mail, maybe for sandpaper sheets if you want it) jars full of nails and screws(Im not taking home or sorting out, I have enough), small cube fridge, (if I only had a few inches in my garage to spare), some other odds and ends.

I dont want anything for it, its there for the taking by any family member.
I know its not gold, but a nice 4 foot steel gondola with a few shelves can be painted and will make a solid shelf unit for the next 100 years, if I had room, Id take some home.

I can meet anyone this saturday, if not it would not be till next weds or thursd, but after that Im going to contact a liquidator or hauler just to clean out what needs to be cleaned out, so if anyone around brooklyn ny is interested, just drop me a pm.

If this post is innappropiate for this forum, since I did not ask for permission, I understand if it gets deleted.

I would just rather see some of the stuff in someones hands that could use it instead of dumping it.

again, Im mentioning I have 1000s of peghooks, a metal desk, filing cabinet, assorted office items, and now Im throwing the 30 drawer metal parts cabinet in the mix.
Its 12 inches depth, 30 inches wide and 36 inches high. It has all the handles, might need a bit of a cleanup, there are pics somewhere here.
Its yours for free if you want it, I cant use it, and I didnt pay for it.
I also want to mention for family members I have the stand for the 22/44, the open stand, I dont need it, its still new in a sealed box if anyone is interested, its free, just need to get it from me, Im not shipping, not worth the schlepping of it all.
And I have all the gondola shelving you would need, all you have to do is meet me in brooklyn ny and take whatever you want, all free for family members.
Im going to toss it eventually, so Im just reminding anyone in the tristate area who might be around and could use any of that for their shop.
The desk is around 4 feet wide, metal, old, but still is in perfect condition, even has the key, and the filing cabinets are black steel, in perfect condition, 4 drawer, no key. I managed to find someone who is taking the fridge, and a few other pieces laying around.
IM not paying for disposal. There are guys who will gladly take it all and salvage it for whatever they can get, and maybe even pay me a few dollars for it all, but Im not talking any real money, so Id rather it go to a family member who can use it
found a pic of the cabinet.

Attachments

• cabinet 177 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 177 (Medium).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
just bumping this up to remind anyone out here if interested.
The parts cabinet is sitting here for anyone wants it.
peghooks galore. metal shelving to fill 1500 sq feet. desk, filing cabinets.
Im not rushing to dump it all since little by little Im selling bits and pieces and raising small cash.
Its all free for family members.

hey, if anyone close to me missed all the pegboard and peghooks I tried to give away for free, Festool has a new product just came out, a sort of tool caddy/cart, some pegboard and peghooks, and its only 375.00

made me chuckle.(but I think festool makes the greatest tools on the planet, and I own a few of them)

Not untypical these days. It is amazing and sad how much useful goods and materials end up in the dump. It is cheaper to dump than repair and store. I'm no 'greenie' by any means but waste is, obviously, not good by any measure.

Wide pine floor 16 by 24 foot (Exeter N.H.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-19, 3:00PM EDT
Reply to: sale-4efbh-2274587886@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures are of two rooms from the second floor of early cape which are matching tongue and groove and thick due to being single layer they are also tapered and are up to 22 inches wide. They have been painted but never sanded so you can still see the hand planing marks. All but one board is 16 ft long and that one was cut to sneak in wiring. Price is $ 12.00 a square ft and is being sold as one or two lots for more info contact Chris at mail@oldhousesalvage.com
We have several other flrs right now

kills me when I think of the 800 or more bf of old wide pine boards I watched them throw in the garbage when I closed down last oct.

I lied, one more time.so many peghooks

Instead of sitting inside today, again totally unmotivated to do any woodworking in the cold, I stood in the cold like a moron and started cleaning up my storage shed so I can start piling the shorts in there in some type of order and organize my shop lumber rack a bit better.

So I have to ask, before I drive it to the dump..............I apologize to all that Im asking again.

I have alot of peghooks. Alot. 240 12 inch with plastic hangers(only have 140 plastic hangers though), 60 or so solid steel 12 inch, and hundreds of assorted sizes, from 2 inches through 8-10 inches. Hundreds.

I also have some slatwall and gridwall hooks.

I have an old dump table and its not the same grid as the hooks, the hooks work fine if someone wants to build a small grid wall.

I have some approx 3x4, 4x4 sheets of used pegboard if anyone wants to set up a tool wall the old fashioned way.

Anything is free. I have 24 gridwall brackets(those little black brackets)

Ill store it away for the summer, so if anyone happens to drive anywhere near south nassau county this spring or summer and would any of this, just pm me.

I did manage to get 3 boxes of bent hooks and assorted junk into the trash.

dont hate me, Im just a cheap old man that cant stand to toss perfectly good stuff, and I dont want to hang around my house inviting strangers over from craigslist to take it.

Attachments

• bed 339 (Medium).jpg
    bed 339 (Medium).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bed 343 (Medium).jpg
    bed 343 (Medium).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12
  • bed 344 (Medium).jpg
    bed 344 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
Instead of sitting inside today, again totally unmotivated to do any woodworking in the cold, I stood in the cold like a moron and started cleaning up my storage shed so I can start piling the shorts in there in some type of order and organize my shop lumber rack a bit better.

So I have to ask, before I drive it to the dump..............I apologize to all that Im asking again.

I have alot of peghooks. Alot. 240 12 inch with plastic hangers(only have 140 plastic hangers though), 60 or so solid steel 12 inch, and hundreds of assorted sizes, from 2 inches through 8-10 inches. Hundreds.

I also have some slatwall and gridwall hooks.

I have an old dump table and its not the same grid as the hooks, the hooks work fine if someone wants to build a small grid wall.

I have some approx 3x4, 4x4 sheets of used pegboard if anyone wants to set up a tool wall the old fashioned way.

Anything is free. I have 24 gridwall brackets(those little black brackets)

Ill store it away for the summer, so if anyone happens to drive anywhere near south nassau county this spring or summer and would any of this, just pm me.

I did manage to get 3 boxes of bent hooks and assorted junk into the trash.

dont hate me, Im just a cheap old man that cant stand to toss perfectly good stuff, and I dont want to hang around my house inviting strangers over from craigslist to take it.

An admirable characteristic! I fear that younger generations will always fail to understand this. It seems that if your parents went through the great depression, this was drilled into you from birth. I guess that's another thread for another day.