Made in the USA

you are frank your the first one to post about it and no one in this forum owns one:)

I wasn't sure whether to say anything, but I guess now is as good of time as any to show you all my new Family Woodworking company truck...

Bugatti Pickup 800.jpg

It's the Harley Edition. Dual exhausts and everything. :D

Ha, that's a fake !!, If it was a real FWW truck the back would be filled with lumber:):)

Don't want to scratch the paint hauling lumber in it, silly. :rolleyes: That's what the trailer hitch is for. The mileage isn't all that great, but with 16 cylinders, 4-wheel drive and 1,001 horsepower, it'll pull like a son of a gun. :D

A few specs

Don't want to scratch the paint hauling lumber in it, silly. :rolleyes: That's what the trailer hitch is for. The mileage isn't all that great, but with 16 cylinders, 4-wheel drive and 1,001 horsepower, it'll pull like a son of a gun. :D

A few specs

16 cylinders , is this engine a V16 or a straight 16 ?

behind the seat- like a Volk or a Porsche ? the car-truck is too short for a straight 16

Just to throw a comment in here about some school desks that we recieved and I had to assemble prior to the start of school. All the packaging in large letters were made In the USA. That was on the outside box and on the inside box it was made in China. So either the thing was made in China and packaged in the US or the packaging came from the US is still in question. The entire thing did come from China as experience has taught me that stuff as cheap as that is not made in the US. The quality was just not there. Unfortunatly I am finding the same is true in regards to LV. Most of the products that I see there are stamped from China. sad to know that we deal so much with China. I have refused to buy stuff from China now and It has to start somewhere. Jeez I remember when it was the things that had the made in Japan stamps were cheap quality. Time we started buying local again.

You 100% right there Drew. I have taken a few things back to LV lately because of that issue.

But i have a point to make about the whole buying local. Its the same point i made to my business buddies in SA.

When i was involved and on the executive council of one of our largest chambers of commerce everyone was crying about investment. Why did we not get any investment like other countries yada yada yada....

So i said to them all, if we aint prepared to invest in our own country why should anyone else do it.

So when i came over here, i have pretty strong feelings about buying local.

I paid double the price i could have to buy a Delta bandsaw made in the USA with a USA motor.
I paid triple the price for a dust collector made in the USA by USA labor with USA motor.
Some of my other tools i could not find made in the USA or Canada and by then my budget was running low.

So the problem becomes if the USA and Canadian people are not prepared to put their money where their heart is and their mouth then how do we expect it to change.

Price comes down through automation and volume. We are giving both those things to others. If we gave the local guys the volume then they could automate and make the price a lot better to be competitive.

Short term gain but long term pain. Would be very different if everyone on the planet played by the same rules, specifically environmental and exchange rate related.:rolleyes: