Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Friday

Well whatcha got planned. It Holloween so we will have our neighbor hood party. We block off the street, put up bounces for the kids, set up bar B Ques in the street and everyone will will bring dishes to share. We not only have our street at the party but several streets around us. Other then that there also the Race a Talladega and of course some shop time as well as church on Sunday morn. So what have yall got going on.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

School work is looking light so I might get a little free time. Benefit tomorrow night for a local guy that had liver transplant. Second person in two weeks.

Might try and get some more figuring done on the miter bench, router table, bandsaw stand and other upgrades.

Drawer slides should be here today. Parts are still rolling in.

Got some painting to do, some flooring to put in, and some panels to cut for the media alcove. If I get one of those done, I'll call it a successful weekend.

Got facings made for the kitchen cabinets (pics and updates coming...don't worry) last night, so installing those and starting some painting tonight. May be putting a timing chain on the tahoe tomorrow if I get the will to do so, not getting any warmer in the uninsulated/unheated shop so need to get it done soon. Finishing up some upstairs flooring details on Sunday, maybe leveling out the kitchen floor where I have a couple of cracked joists.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Candy, lots and lots of candy.....
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Well, today was the big layoff day at work...
    I dodged the bullet again, so I get to come back Monday

So I will be thankful for that, and try to get the kitchen cabinet started, and order the items that were on hold pending today's outcome.

Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Candy, lots and lots of candy.....
    I give out little toys these days. I feel the kids get enough candy, and ofcourse, we have a few large tupperware bowls handy filled with candy cause we get alot of the older kids, 12, 13, and they only want candy.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I give out little toys these days. I feel the kids get enough candy, and ofcourse, we have a few large tupperware bowls handy filled with candy cause we get alot of the older kids, 12, 13, and they only want candy.
    Great idea Allen!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

allen, you're lucky you haven't had a visit from the ufscw (united fellowship of santa claus workers) local 217 yet

counting down the work hours (24, working tonight and tomorrow night) until the big 4 days off. nothing like 60 hr weeks to cut into your woodworking time. i plan on finishing off IVAR, turning the spokes, painting the hub parts and rim of the model t wheel, and maybe even a pen or two. then i'll sleep the next 3 days....
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Just some yard work on Saturday and Sunday. A trip to my lumber guy to buy some cherry for the chest I'm making for my wife.

We are kind of off the beaten path so we dont get any trick or treaters. except for a few of my grandkids.
    Faith, Hope & Charity