How much for screws?

That's about right. How much was the room?
I was charged 3k a night just for the room. Used it for 3 nights and the bill came to 9k for the room + meals + nurses + meds. For that amount I could have gone on an all expanse vacation for 2 to Cancun for a month.:doh::doh:

The bills for my recent gall bladder surgery & hernia repair were over $26,000.00! They billed the insurance $ 2,300.00 for the (4" diameter) piece of mesh (looked like window screen to me) they used on the hernia.

Of course, the insurance companies had pre-existing agreements with the hospital, so everything was discounted about 75%. I'm sure that, if I had no insurance, they wouldn't have given me a discount, though!

Not always true, Jim.

I had laser cauterization of a bleeder in my eye done with no insurance and it was discounted by nearly 70%.

I just asked. I said the cost was a deal breaker for me and I would just have to live with the bleeder. He said go talk to the office manager.

I did.

Agree with Carol, cash talks as much at a docs office as much as anywhere else.

The bill total was 17,964.84. In at 12:00 pm and around 6:30 pm out. Guess now I know how they are planning to pay for the new hospital they are building. Bill doesn't include Doc or the guy who puts you to sleep, sorry can't spell that one.

Agree with Carol, cash talks as much at a docs office as much as anywhere else.

The bill total was 17,964.84. In at 12:00 pm and around 6:30 pm out. Guess now I know how they are planning to pay for the new hospital they are building. Bill doesn't include Doc or the guy who puts you to sleep, sorry can't spell that one.

try "Mickey "

actually it was $.25 for the screw and $1999.75 for knowing where to put the screw

You're probably right there Don.. I had a mechanic one time charge me $50 to do a repair on my car... no parts, just the repair. He reconnected a ground wire from the battery so the car would start. I made some comment that it was a pretty expensive charge just to connect a wire... He said, "Yes, but the charge is for knowing what wire to connect and where to connect it." :rofl:

Enough said, I paid him. :(

I was talking to my in-law's neighbor, whom has a machine shop and probably made that screw for you. Said he get's no where near that amount to make them, must be going to the engineer that drew up the plans. :rolleyes:

You probably can't buy that screw at HD or Lowes as they are usually made from titanium - an SR-71 Balckbird reject part. Thats one of very few metalic materials that the body will attack and destroy.

You probably can't buy that screw at HD or Lowes as they are usually made from titanium - an SR-71 Balckbird reject part. Thats one of very few metalic materials that the body will attack and destroy.

"will attack" ????
Do you mean, 'will NOT' attack? ;)

BTW, I have chunks of steel in my left arm from what was probably my first lesson in tool safety.
At about age 8, on orders of my father, I was splitting wood for the fireplace. My wedge was an old axe head and I was hitting it with a small sledge. At one blow several chips (shrapnel?) came off and embedded themselves in the pit of my elbow. They are there to this day and don't set off TSA alarms.
Lesson learned: Never hit hardened steel with hardened steel. That is why real wedges are sacrificial and mushroom. But, everybody here, except me, already knows that. Right? :rolleyes:

I'm gonna get an assortment of screws out of the shop and get ready. Finally having my shoulder surgery on the 11th. Mebbe they can find one in my collection?:dunno: Also note: Nov. 11th is Veteran's Day and this is the first time I've had it off since I got out of the Army in 1973. :huh: Got some of my current projects finished and plan on trying to learn chip carving while I'm stuck in a sling.:thumb: