Eggin You On.......

Stuart Ablett

I recently got Alan Lacer's second video (I've not seen the first) and in it he makes an egg, with just a skew, in minutes flat.

Now I know eggs are hard to make, as everyone knows what one should look like, right? :rolleyes:

Well, I started with a piece of wood that would have made a large goose egg, and ended up with this.........

Egging.jpg
........maybe paint it blue and call it a Robin's Egg........:eek:

Egging2.jpg

I did end up with a big pile of shavings :rolleyes:

Sure is good practice, for rolling those beads with the skew.

So, to all you wood turners our there, let's see some eggs!

Cheers!

Stu - I have the first video and it really is the cream of the crop. The Son of Skew doesn't really get into technique all that much, the first one gets DEEP into technique. He goes into all the important details like clearance angles and which points to lead with for which cuts and why. I'm no longer afraid of my skew now that I have practiced using Lacer's advice :)

Thanks Jason.

The only reason I got the Son of Skew, was that was all that the guy here that sells them had. Even so, from just watching Alan use the skew, my skills, and my level of comfort took a large leap, still not very good, but I now call it the Mighty Skew, instead of the Evil Skew :D

I'll get the first one, and in DVD format, fast forwarding and rewinding the video tape sucks :rolleyes:

Cheers!