The Woodworking Shows - O.C. 2010

glenn bradley

Went to the show last Saturday in Orange County. They dropped the show closer to me last year. As expected, the show was smaller this year. It would sure be great if more people would attend so that the attendance numbers inspired more vendors to participate.

Be that as it may, I wanted to talk with Wayne at Woodline and give him my thanks but, the smaller venue made for crowded spaces

TWWS-OC-2010 004.jpg

and I never got to him when he wasn't busy. Wayne had sent me a bit in response to an off comment I made about a couple bits that were faulty. Woodline is very customer service oriented and I wanted to commend and thank him.

Peachtree was also well represented and I got everything on my list. Storeroom Supply got a bite out of me as well. Lee Valley was doing their usual no-tax, no-shipping deal and they got a bite outta my wallet too.

TWWS-OC-2010 001.jpgTWWS-OC-2010 002.jpg

All in all a good day as I had talked LOML into accompanying me. After the show, we were already on the fairgrounds so we wandered over to the OC Marketplace "swap meet". There was a KISS tribute band that was a hoot

TWWS-OC-2010 008.jpg

other than that, it was just a swap meet.

Last edited:
glenn i have also heard that woodline bits are reasonable and the company is very good to deal with..

I had returned a bit due to it being a non-flush, flush bit. The replacement was about the same so I tossed it in a drawer to keep as a "beater". A long time later I mentioned this in a thread on another forum. Wayne (the president and a really great guy) was a member and sent me another bit (which worked just fine) without me even knowing about it. IT just magically showed up in the mail. I guess he matched my name and the bit I had ordered and discussed (or cussed, rather) in their records.

I wouldn't call them top quality cutters but they sure are nice folks to deal with. I would definitely put them in a league with MLCS, Grizzly and other importers. Given a choice for that type of purchase I would certainly pick Wayne's outfit first. You can't beat their service or enthusiasm.

Just as an aside; Whiteside also makes Sam's chair bits.