OMG! They just keep falling and falling!

Tom Baugues

LEAVES I live in the city so I have nowhere to go with them. The city will pick them up if I get them to the curb but....it's a lot of leaves. I have spent about 10-12 hours over the past couple weeks raking leaves to the curb. I'm tired of it. Enough already......

ok....rant over

Tom

Got a London Plane Tree (a type of sycamore) The leaves are 10-12 inches across. :eek: Fortunately the wind likes to take them to someone else's place. The real problem is with the pin oaks that drop leaves all winter. A neighbor once asked my wife about the best way to trim a pin oak (she works for Arbor Day Foundation) and she told him to trim about a foot below ground.:rofl::rofl:

Got a London Plane Tree (a type of sycamore) The leaves are 10-12 inches across. :eek: Fortunately the wind likes to take them to someone else's place. The real problem is with the pin oaks that drop leaves all winter. A neighbor once asked my wife about the best way to trim a pin oak (she works for Arbor Day Foundation) and she told him to trim about a foot below ground.:rofl::rofl:

Got five of those Plane trees - many leaves.

Also have 12 sugar maples, which have pretty much lost all their leaves now (nine 2 yd³, shredded), one hickory, one ash (both bare, now) and twelve red oaks which have hardly started losing leaves yet. I'll still be raking them in February - between snowfalls.

I'm sure glad I have that vaccuum trailer!

I don't have those problems, Mesquite and palm trees are ever green...:D:thumb:

We have trees in our yard that shed leaves all year, even if they stay green. :rolleyes: And of course, we get to have year-round weekly lawn mowing, too. :bang:

And palm trees need to have the dead fronds trimmed off periodically. Otherwise, they become rat condos around here.

Out here in the desert, we need all the organic matter we can get, so we just let'em fall. They either stay where they are, or the wind takes them someplace else. Nothing to worry about... :thumb:

Where I'm at, the leaves have to be bagged, and then only what will fit in the two rolling containers can be put out each week. We have about 33 trees on our almost acre of land. If you pull up my house on Google earth, you can't see the house....just the 4 Pecan trees and 1 Oak that cover it. :thumb: Great for summer utility bills, bad for the back in the Fall. Jim.

I've wanted one of the Cyclone rakes or the one made by DR for a long time. They would sure make fall cleanup a lot easier.

Mine's a Agra, with a 6½ hp Briggs engine on it. They work well, but they're still a lot more work than the TV ads would have you believe. Dumping/emptying them is a bit of a hassle, and the suction hose can get clogged easily if the leaves are too wet, or you try too big a 'bite.'

Still way better than raking, though!