Thread: Propay

I want to be able to except credit cards at shows. A while back a couple of people said Propay was a good one. Do you still feel that way or have things changed with them that would be a problem. I do like the idea that you can use a cell phone and call in the info or collect info and enter on computer later. Or who do you use that is reasonable for some one who does a very limited number of shows.

ABQ NM
    I'm a ProPay user, and I just renewed my account for another year. The yearly fee is less than any other provider I've seen. They do charge a comparatively high transaction rate, but when I add up all the costs, I've still not found a better setup for people like you and me who aren't doing shows every month.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Melbourne, FL

I agree with Vaughn.

I have been with them for maybe over 5 years.

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    I agree with part of what Vaughn says... I've been a propay customer for about 2 years now and find that it works good. I don't think their transaction rate is all that high and since I've factored it in to my pricing, it's a non-issue. I would guestimate since I really don't have any data, that sales have increased significantly since I started taking credit cards. I don't use a cell phone, just the knucklebuster and it does take about 5-6 days from date of sale to the time the money is actually in your bank... I make a sale on Saturday, input the info that night and it's usually Thursday before I have the cash..
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Thanks for the info guys. I will give them a try.

Portland, OR
    I'm on my 3rd. year as a propay user. I use the micro reader that you can purchase for $89 rather than the knuckle buster or writing down customer info. custumers love it, get a kick out of the technology and like that I care enough to protect their info.