Bob Timberlake finish??

Jeff Horton

Anyone have an idea what Bob Timberlake furniture is finished with/how it's finished? It has a nice low gloss finish that remind me of an oil finish but it's not. I assume it was a low gloss lacquer or something similar.

We bought one of these years ago. Coffee Table before the price went out of site. I am going to start the entertainment center before long and would like to get a similar finish. It will be made of black cherry. Just trying to get some idea or what to try.

Jeff

Anyone have an idea what Bob Timberlake furniture is finished with/how it's finished? It has a nice low gloss finish that remind me of an oil finish but it's not. I assume it was a low gloss lacquer or something similar.

We bought one of these years ago. Coffee Table before the price went out of site. I am going to start the entertainment center before long and would like to get a similar finish. It will be made of black cherry. Just trying to get some idea or what to try.

Jeff

Jeff: Several months back, Jeff Jewitt @ Homestead had a thread on his site describing how to get the look of B. Timberlake

jeff, looks like the cherry was "pre-aged" somewhat, then dyed, then a coupla coats of sealer then lacquer with a flattening agent.....doing the dye-n-aging will take longer than squirting 7-8 coats of lacquer.....tod