You Know You're a Woodworker When...

Mike Jory

I know this kind of thread has been started many times. But I thought this was a humorus. Everyone who adds is usually funny. I need a laugh today.

I had to put the cookie bag back on top of the fridge. You know the kind that never stays closed when you roll the top.

Not having a bag clip I reached for the only thing that made sense, A Spring Clamp. Made perfect sense to me. :rofl:
Mike

....you know you are a woodworker when.....

.....you get gifts for Christmas, birthdays, valentines day etc. that are all woodworking related.

.....you make sure the tweezers are nearby to pull out splinters.

....magazines that you used to drool over are now replaced by Fine Woodworking, Shop Notes, Woodsmith, to name a few.

when you miss bits and pieces of conversations with friends because you were too busy checkin out various pieces of furniture in their home and wondering "what type of joint would i use right there?"

......when you go to get into the shower at the end of the day you're brushing wood chips off your belly from where they lodged between your skin and underpant waist band.

Don - might I add.... When your shopping for furniture with your wife and you tell her "I can make that"....FOR HALF THE PRICE! (with only one new tool)

You know you're a woodworker when...

...when you dine out at a restruant you haven't been to before, you spend half the time identifying all the various woods that were used in the decor. The other half, you spend critiquing joinery decisions. :p

Everyone in town knows you will fix their busted drawer,

Cabinet drawer, coffee table for a cup of coffee and

a couple a cookies.

Each member of the local cub scout troop waves to you and only you,

individually, in the memorial day parade.

Because their Fathers brought them over at different times

to make the winning pine car racer.

You get really ticked when your son teaches the dog to fetch a stick.

Now just where is that gonna lead?

Per

......When every DIY magazine, parts catalog, flyer, post card, and news letter in the free world zero in on YOUR mail box. :rofl:

Don

You just can't make this stuff up.

(see above)

No, I'am not prescient.

But I just went out to the truck to get a spare pack of smokes.

And leaning against the door, with no note, no nothing

is this.....

The tuning head is kowabungaaaed from the neck and taped on.

Thank goodness it's not cats or baby's they leave on my doorstep.

Per

Attachments

• kowabunga.jpg
    kowabunga.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 45