Bowed ply

Bill McQueen

I have some 1/4 inch plywood that has a slight bow in it about 1/4 inch curve or so. Is there any way to wet this and flatten it back out, I stacked heavy stuff on it and it just stays the same. I clamped it between two culls and it still had a memory and went back to where it was. i USE IT FOR CRAFT WOOD BURNINGS (pictures etc) so I can't nail it to flatten it out. Help! :dunno:

Thanks

You may have luck spraying it down with water and weighing it down. I had a 3/4" sheet that leaned against my wall over the winter (a couple of winters ago) and warped a good 3" - 4" . I cut the pieces for my project out and nailed it up thinking the backing would square it up...no luck still had one end wanting to raise about 1 - 1 1/2" off the ground. Ended up spraying the tops and bottoms of the warped pieces with a spray bottle of warm water several times over about 2 hours, then setting 2 sacks of concrete on each end to pull them straight. After a couple of days of drying they held straight. Worth a shot.

What I did was to wet it down....moved it to the drive way, covered the plw with a heavy blanket...and rolled the Van over top of it....was almost straight by the morning....good luck

What I did was to wet it down....moved it to the drive way, covered the plw with a heavy blanket...and rolled the Van over top of it....was almost straight by the morning....good luck

Dom, I tried your suggestion, but this might have been a bit extreme...

attachment.php

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok...I'm done now....:D

Attachments

• van1 [800x600].jpg
    van1 [800x600].jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 46
Answers, answers so many answers, come ya morons theres got to be a way that makes since. I mean how could I possibly roll a car on it's side and get it in the right place :rofl: :dunno: