Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Significant Others

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia

Significant Others

For the purposes of Santa, who knows when you've been sleeping, who knows when you're awake, who knows when you've been bad or good, etc., what, if any, hobbies are your Significant Others interested in?

AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Atlanta, GA
    Quilting (like you, I believe), and some chip carving now and then.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Channel surfing, talking, honey-do list making, and shopping...that's about it.

She does a little crafting, got her into making jewelry a few years back as well as making her own glass beads. She also does some writing once in a while.

Edit...forget: She loves to decorate (not sure how I forgot this, I'm her assigned carpenter), has been taking design classes to get certified. Also has her certification in floral design.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 11-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Last edited by John Bartley; 11-27-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelin'

Many what I call minor hobbies

Major hobbies---> plays the hammer dulcimer, weaves (many looms), photography, scroll saw work, takes care of me.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Yorktown, Virginia
    Mine likes to knit and crochet and has an ETSY store featuring crocheted risque ManHandle Pot Holders under the seller name 'ayarnnut' and another ETSY store selling knitted baby and American Girl doll items under the seller name 'ayarnsquirrel'.

Midlands of South Carolina
    She likes to read, remind me of things I need to do, cook "healthy" - ugh, and tend to her/our trees (this includes working the tractor if the slopes are not too steep) She also enjoys doing wood working projects - with me if possible.

Syracuse, Nebraska
    Wife does counted cross stitch so I get to make frames.

Daughter does stained glass so I get to make frames.

Granddaughter is almost a year old and she's watching Mom and Gramma and making plans.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    LOML plays computer games, goes to the gym, does volunteer work at the local hospital and occasionally she will help me do finishing on woodworking projects.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    LOML is a full time Mom, and keeps busy chasing our kids around to various sports venues (Football, Basketball, Lacrosse, Baseball...) plus she just 'retired' from the volunteer Fire Co. after 12 years of EMS/Fire service, so we can focus on prepping our house for sale this winter.