Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday again

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Friday again

So whats going on. We all know what Dave and Larry will be doing what have the rest of you got planned. I'll be tinkering in the shop church Sunday Morn followed by the Race from Texas.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Saturday, will piddling around in the shop, working on the new improved layout. Supposed to be rather cool, so woodstove will be in action.

Sunday, installing a new pastor at church, so no telling how long that will take. Football and homework after that.

Flying to Indiana to bring my wife home!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Playing the role of a single parent this weekend as my wife has left for a girls weekend in Chicago. Lots of movies that I've seen a dozen times already, but the weather is supposed to warm up. If it does, we will be outside as much as possible since it will probably be the last good weekend for it until spring.

I'm staying away from the shop since I got a real nasty sinus infection from a long stay at the lathe with spalted wood. Kept me in bed for 3 days. It takes a lot to keep me in bed that long...I know I need to get a good respirator asap!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Flying to Indiana to bring my wife home!
    Great News Rennie!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Hunting , Hunting and more Hunting. I've only taken one deer so far this year and I usually would have 10 or more down about now . But Larry will be here and I think some deer will be hanging in the shop this week. Then if he like to eat good. I think food will be 2nd to hunting.

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I will be sanding down an additional counter top to replace the one that is 3" too short Good thing my son made a spare then start finishing the counter tops and maybe start installing the upper cabs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    I will be sanding down an additional counter top to replace the one that is 3" too short Good thing my son made a spare then start finishing the counter tops and maybe start installing the upper cabs
    I am looking forward to the tour! Jan does not know. Shhhhh
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I am looking forward to the tour! Jan does not know. Shhhhh
    I have some tall hustling to go but it should at least look like a kitchen then All depends on how many more bumbles I make

Another grandsons birthday party on Saturday. My wifes birthday Saturday as well
    Some of our kids and grandkids are coming to spend the weekend so I probably won't get down to the shop until late Sunday.
    It would sure be fun to be there with Larry and Dave

Congratulations Rennie !!!!!!!!!
    Faith, Hope & Charity