Thread: The reason USPS is losing money

The reason USPS is losing money

I ordered some wood carving books from Amazon on Oct.29th. Got an e-mail that they were shipped on Oct. 30th from Nevada. On Nov. 2nd they were in Hebron, Tennessee, just south of Cincinnati. On Nov. 3rd they were in K.C. Mo. where they proceeded to Lincoln, Nebraska by way of Hwy 2, which passes 1/2 mile from my house. Then they came back down Hwy 2 to Syracuse on Nov. 4th and I got them today, Nov. 5th. They didn't show any signs of wear, so the mule must not have stumbled any during the trip. UPS (United Prairie Schooner) doesn't do much better but they charge more.

cheers

(United Prairie Schooner) Good one
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Cincinnati are real close to Tennessee [190 mile ]

I worked in traffic and transportation (logistics) for over 40 years... it was my experience that if something goes wrong on a shipment, don't bother to try to stop it and correct it... just let it go on to hell and when it stops rolling, then you can push it back up the hill and get it where it belongs.

Back in the '70's I worked for a major airlines in San Francisco... we had a soldier's trunk that was destined for Frankfurt Germany... It left SF on our outbound cargo plane, on a direct flight to Frankfurt, but never arrived in Frankfurt... the flight went on from Frankfurt to it's next station... we started an all stations trace for the trunk.... 3 weeks later we still had not found the trunk... I was a load master on the cargo planes out of SF on the evening shift... I went out one day to check my flight, discovered it was the same plane on which the lost trunk had originated... there sat the trunk, still on board the plane... it has been around the world about 6 times in that 3 weeks and wound up back where it started.

Oh and BTW, TWA is out of business now.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    Cincinnati are real close to Tennessee [190 mile ]
    Sorry Ray, I meant Kentucky. Hebron is right next to the Cinci airport, which is across the river in KY.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Newby View Post
    Sorry Ray, I meant Kentucky. Hebron is right next to the Cinci airport, which is across the river in KY.
    I understand, northern kentucky names confuse a various of people

Chris Hatfield is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    USPS is cheap, but unreliable.

I love Amazon Prime. Can't beat two-day free UPS shipping (and I have never had a single problem with UPS this way).