Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Repaired Car Rant

Another Repaired Car Rant

So we've had an issue with the DVC/Slip on our 2005 Pathfinder a year ago (losing all power to the wheels, randomly). Got it fixed, thankfully under warranty.

A few weeks ago, the same symptoms came up. Took it to the dealer and this time they said was due to a corroded battery cable that was causing a weak battery and sending wrong signals. Supposedly got it fixed, Thursday.

Well, today, the day after picking it up from the dealer, lost all power to the wheels. I mean all. Usually I could shut the engine off and it would be fine till the next incident, but now I was dead in the water. Luckily, I remembered that if I turned the DVC off, I could limp home.

Called the dealer and will take the car in tomorrow for another try. Oh, and the cruise control all of a sudden stopped working.

Just further proof that the most likely time your vehicle will break down is right after you have it fixed. Guess will be taking Bubba up to Tahoe on Thu, instead

Last edited by Sharon Korn; 11-06-2010 at 04:33 AM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    What is a DVC ????
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Oops, I meant VDC (confirms I'm dyslectic)...Vehicle Dynamic Control

I think it turns off the new fangled slip stuff...had to turn it off so that the vehicle didn't have to worry about anything...kind of like old fashioned cars

I don't think I would like this to happen as I go across a highway! Dang gone, sometimes the farther we go with electronics the behinder we get! Hope this gets solved and not from your pocket book.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I don't think I would like this to happen as I go across a highway! Dang gone, sometimes the farther we go with electronics the behinder we get! Hope this gets solved and not from your pocket book.
    Yes, leading up to "supposedly" getting it fixed this last time, I was driving very "gingerly" to not stall out on entering the highway from our place and stalling out in the middle of the road. First time it happened, I was pulling over ever 5 miles due to no power to the wheels. (Sure hope Brent gets my 87 Pathfinder fixed soon so I can have a reliable vehicle and the ROFL is due to an old car being more reliable, not Brent's getting it fixed)

Well for your sake and safety, I hope Brent does too. Be careful. Sounds like an expensive lawn ornament.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Well for your sake and safety, I hope Brent does too. Be careful. Sounds like an expensive lawn ornament.
    Just reminds me of the olden days (68orso Toyota Corona Mark II):

- I would always have to park heading out in the airport parking lot (traveled every week), so after a few days gone, I could single-handedly push it out, get it rolling, jump in and jump start it

- Had to stick a screwdriver down it's carb every morning to get it to started

- Had to change tires with the spare every week

Maybe I should have become a NASCAR pit crew member

Even by the furthest stretch of the imagination, I am not a mechanic.
    But, I can see nuts and bolts.
    Sometimes I miss my old 1977 Dodge truck. Drove 23 years and over 500,000 miles. If something broke I could usually see the problem, remove some nuts and bolts and fix or replace whatever was going bad.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank, I have a '77 Dodge 1/2 ton with the 318 in it. It is a great truck (and fast!!).
    Jon

Frank, I have a '77 Dodge 1/2 ton with the 318 in it. It is a great truck (and fast!!).
    You have lived a sheltered life my friend. There is nothing fast about a Doge truck with a 318
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.