Frost on the donkey

We had a little frost too and the TV news folks were carrying on about how it feels like winter.:huh: Wait awhile folks....you'll be happy when it gets back up into the 30's. Another thing is when we "might" get some snow and the news team advises that you don't go out unless absolutely necessary. Guess I'll just stick my head in the sand until spring gets here.:rofl::rofl:

Lake effect snow yesterday, nothing stuck here but 17 miles away at mom and dad's they had over 2". Got up as the dog barked a couple of times in the middle of the (she heard it snowing!) and yep, over 2" on the ground. Weatherman says 64 degrees tomorrow! So yeah, doing chores, have to go pick up some butcher block tops I am going to make into Lou Ann's kitchen counter tops. Tomorrow, top off all anti freeze in tractors, trucks and Lou's car. Put mowers away, horses moved up from out back to the corrals at the barn. Pretty out though, no use grumbling, it is winter, summer to will be back. Just winter seems to last longer than summer. :huh::rofl:

It missed us. 2~5" was forecast, but we didn't even get a flake. That's good, too, because I had a lot of yard cleanup and leaf raking/vaccing to do today.

Got it all done now, so let it snow if it wants to...

Might get a little rain tonight and tomorrow, might have some frost tomorrow morning. Possibility of snow early in the week. Spending today and tomorrow winterizing stuff, when I'm not doing work work...

Actually, with Steve, I don't think it's expression.

He actually has a donkey named Teke, and I suspect Teke was a tad bit chilly this morning! :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, if we don't get rain tomorrow, I might actually have to start running some water around to the trees...

I guess that frost on the donkey is an expression to explain that you got frost this morning, isn't it?

Yes Toni and as Don said, I turned a few words around. Sad part is the donkey has a building to go in to and keep out of the weather. he just stands outside in all kinds of weather.

For the record, it happened again this morning.

His role? He is the wife's pet. Some women like cats, mine likes donkeys.

He is really very bright, believe it or not. he is outside because that's what he does. He is like the overlord of the cows. He will flat destroy a K-9 that goes after the cattle or even gets in the same field. Dogs and or coyotes. He has already whipped a couple beagles that came through. When he is in that mode, I do not go across the fence to stop him. I just yell at him until he stops. He can not tell the difference between a pet dog or a coyote, guess they smell the same to him.

Curious enough we have a very popular barometer in Spain that uses the tail of a donky to tell the weather, and it never fails.:)

burro.jpeg

It reads:

If the tail is dry = Good Weather
If it is wet = Rain
If it is frozen = Snow
If you can't see it = Fog
If it moves = Windy
If it falls = Earthquake