Major clean up & tidy

But I must admit that it is much better now and saves a lot of time that can be devoted to woodworking instead of looking for the last place I left my hammer:eek:

That makes you sound like Glenn!!! He says that putting everything away, unless you are going to use it again in a couple minutes, gives him far more productive time...He does not have to hunt for tools. He also has tools that he uses frequently right at hand. They are put away, however, "put away" is right where he can reach them.

I try to emulate Glenn in this respect. I really do like and appreciate neatness and order. However, it just does not seem to be in my make-up.

Toni your shop is fantastic. I really like your white walls and ceiling. The white makes for a cheery place. It also does not affect your visual concept of wood color, etc.

Years ago I took a university course in illuminating engineering. I can't be sure without updating my education about luminaires and lamps, however, it sure looks to me like you have the correct illumination.

You certainly have that "ten square feet of open space" for doing those things that require some room to work.

I am proud of you...I sound like a parent don't I.

I don't know if I have mentioned it but I think of the hand made wooden plane you had at Maloof's fairly frequently. I hope it works as good as it feels.

Enjoy,

Jim

That is one sweet shop you have there Toni. Nice and bright and best of all organized and clean!:thumb::thumb:

Instead of the tablesaw what about a nice tracksaw?:wave:

Just saw the shop Toni! Looks great and I had to show Rebecca. She thinks it looks beautiful and loved the carving over the bench. She also spied the Michelin Man you have in the shop. I totally missed that. I guess I need to get started on my shop transformation before you come for another visit.

That makes you sound like Glenn!!!
Toni your shop is fantastic.

I am proud of you...I sound like a parent don't I.

I don't know if I have mentioned it but I think of the hand made wooden plane you had at Maloof's fairly frequently. I hope it works as good as it feels.

Jim

Well Jim, I would be very honoured having you as a second father, and having Glenn as step brother would be great! I only have two sisters and lost my father when I was 20.

Super nice and clean! :thumb:

But then again it SHOULD be, I count FOUR Shopvacs AND a Dust Collector :eek: :D

That's what I think as well but there have been times where it didn't look like that at all.

It's done and I will start spraying it tomorrow, in fact I hided it in order not to spoil the surprise to you guys. Give me a couple of weeks more and you'll see it.

HUMMmmm........ you may have hid it Toni, but you did show it 2 times in the background as a teaser (pics 1 & 3) didn't you :rolleyes: HURRY UP WITH THE SPRAY cause what you DID show looks AWESOME:thumb::thumb::thumb: (unless that is another project:huh:)

Yes, lovely, as everyone said. Wish I had a nice floor like yours.

Still, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable in a haunted workshop.

(what, did no one else see the "ghost" beside the clock in the first photo? :rolleyes:)

It's done and I will start spraying it tomorrow, in fact I hided it in order not to spoil the surprise to you guys. Give me a couple of weeks more and you'll see it.

HUMMmmm........ you may have hid it Toni, but you did show it 2 times in the background as a teaser (pics 1 & 3) didn't you :rolleyes: HURRY UP WITH THE SPRAY cause what you DID show looks AWESOME:thumb::thumb::thumb: (unless that is another project:huh:)

Nothing escapes you eagle eye Dr. Watson, does it? ;)Now that you've given me away I have to admit it,:( you got it right Tom, so please wait and see.

sorry i missed it toni, till tonight but that shop rates up there with glenn bradleys clean degree,, maybe better:) nice lighting.. wish i could have afforded to have more light but the heating would have cost me a fortune....