small wood haul

Went over to my friends today. Was gonna just cut some of his black gum up, but you know how plains change.:rofl: Well he was working on the rafters for his boat shed. As he's not a carpenter, he was having a hard time. I told him to just cut what i tell you and i'll do the rest.;) Well after 4 hr we got it done. So all the time i met to cut wood i worked.:DWell i did get some wood before i had to go, just not as much as i wanted.
I got 3 crotch BG pieces, i small BG burl:D, 1 white oak crotch, and 1 holly tree:D. the holly was big for a holly. It measures 8" at the butt, and 6 " where i cut it in half,5 1/2' long. the rest is 6 and goes down to about 4 1/2" at 5' long. Well here's the pics of the wood for your viewing pleasure.:rofl::rofl:
Steve

Attachments

• 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 52
Sounds like you did a good deed and got some good wood!

Now you just need to go back and get a second load!

Sweet!! Don't ya love it when that works out?:D:D
Yea just wish i would of had more time, i would of got a lot more.

Nice load of turning wood............
Yep that's what it's all about.:)

small haul you call that small.:) Very very nice :thumb: What you gonna do with the thick piece of holly cut it into slabs for a change and try some flatwork. ;)
ya Rob i call that small.:D Now ya know that holly ain't gonna be turned into any of that flat stuff.:rofl: That flat stuff is real boaring lately, and takes for ever to finish anything.:p

Nice job!

I wish I could find some holly!
Pete this tree had it's top knocked off so it had to come down, accouding to Chucks wife.:D I have a few on my place, one about that size.Larry saw it when he was here, but i'm not gonna cut it yet.

And you call that "SMALL"? congrats for it:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Toni Yea out in my neck of the woods we have a lot of logging going on. That means they leave a lot of this stuff just laying on the ground to rot.