Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Birdhouse showdown - GET YOUR PHOTOS SENT IN

Birdhouse showdown - GET YOUR PHOTOS SENT IN

In the words of that Chef on Foodnetwork Bobby Flay are you ready for

for a Birdhouse showdown.

Well sign up here if you want to join in the Birdhouse turning or flatwork showdown

Entrants so far

Don
    Rob
    Jonathan
    John
    Drew ...maybe

Any other takers.
    We will put up a poll when all done and let the members vote. Just like we did for the snowman that Chuck now has the pleasure of looking after. Anyone want to have a go at the rules. I mean Don we have to have something that levels the playing field when we get entrants like Paul and Bernie.

Rustic has to be IN.
    You gotta have a bird.
    Gotta have a hanging eyelet

Anymore ???

We will set it up so its finished before Xmas so its in time to put them on our trees.
    Last edited by Vaughn McMillan; 12-06-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Thread title change
    cheers

Why do they have to be turned. How about letting the flat people in? Or two divisions and you can sign up for one or both?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Yes let the bird houses begin. I'm in for sure.
    Lets set a size limit say no more then 4" tall and 3" wide not counting the perch.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

So what are the rules? Besides what you have said?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I agree Jonathan flatworkers too. Anyone can enter now and we can enter in both categories.

Family members too. Good one to get the young uns involved for Xmas, flat birdhouse is very doable for kids.

But flat birdhouse should be decorated too. and bird. For those into bats a batbox will sneak in under the wire.
    cheers

Just what I needed Rob, another excuse to not do the kitchen!!!
    I'm in, just don't tell Lou!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

so drew are the rules defined for ya ?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

We need to set a date for submissions, say Dec 5th. That way we can have a 1 week judging and still have time for all of the contestants to be sent to the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    so drew are the rules defined for ya ?
    There are rules?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    In the words of that Chef on Foodnetwork Bobby Flay are you ready for

for a Birdhouse showdown.

Well sign up here if you want to join in the Birdhouse turning or flatwork showdown

Entrants so far

Don
    Rob
    Jonathan

Any other takers.
    We will put up a poll when all done and let the members vote. Just like we did for the snowman that Chuck now has the pleasure of looking after. Anyone want to have a go at the rules. I mean Don we have to have something that levels the playing field when we get entrants like Paul and Bernie.

Rustic has to be IN.
    You gotta have a bird.
    Gotta have a hanging eyelet

Anymore ???

We will set it up so its finished before Xmas so its in time to put them on our trees.
    What's a "hanging eyelet"? What do you mean "you gotta have a bird"? A bird decoration?

I'd like to be in, but could it be bigger than 3" X 4"? The birds out here couldn't fit in a bird house that size.............?
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie