HF 3

Jim Burr

Well this was fun! After a visit with Vaughn earlier in the week, I felt ready to tackle the Four Winds, the Mighty Sea...the Tallest of Mountains!!:rofl::rofl:
Yeah...right:dunno:. So instead I did this. The blank had been sitting around for several years and I had a shape drawn on it...somewhat like this. Spalted curly maple about 6"x3.5" with a 1.25" base. Sanded to 800, 4 coats of Mylands then 2 coats of Renwax applied with 4-0 steel wool. Walls are 1/4" except for the bottom 1 1/2" for ballast. C&C really needed :eek:.

Attachments

• Vase 1.jpg
    Vase 1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
  • vase 2.jpg
    vase 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 27
  • vase 3.jpg
    vase 3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 27
Jim nice looking piece.:thumb: For your 3rd HF it don't get much better. Now the only thing i see that you might do differently, is maybe giving it a smaller opening at the top.Keep up the great work and looking foward to #4.:D
Steve

Steve, you would not believe the stupid stunt I pulled to start the opening...I don't want to talk about it...but trust me...it was stupid:deadhorse: :doh::pullhair::mad:

Yeah, buddy! :thumb: I told you you'd get the hang of it pretty quickly. The tall pieces like that can be tough to get a good smooth form on, especially the gradual curve from the shoulder to the foot, but I think you did a great job. :clap:

My only critique would be to ease (radius) the corners of the base a little where it meets the table. That helps add "lift" to the look and keeps it from appearing to be planted on the table.