My tool panel UPDATED! Made the rasp!

Hi guys, as many of you have shown interest in my carved tool panel I can't but show it here.

I'm afraid it is still in its very begginings but I pretend to devote regular time to it so I can finish it before 2012:D. So far I've only removed bottomed it out with a router, and started working on the left hand side.

What I did was to take the picture I'm including and drew the outline of the tools. It took me while to find out a visual composition that I liked together with looking ahead about the carving problems I would encounter putting one tool on top or under another.

The other guy next to it you've already seen it, I've been tweaking it a bit and still needs the final clean up but for that one I need to be in the proper frame of mind or I'll mess it up:(

Thanks for looking, comments, critics and suggestion are welcome.

Attachments

• 01 tools.jpg
    01 tools.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 02 tools.jpg
    02 tools.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 03 tools.jpg
    03 tools.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 04 tools.jpg
    04 tools.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 05 tools.jpg
    05 tools.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 06 tools.jpg
    06 tools.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 07 tools.jpg
    07 tools.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Now you see, that is why Toni is an artist and I'm just a hack :D

I see that pile of tools on the floor, an I think "oh boy, got to pick all of them up and put them away".

Toni sees them and thinks, "Boy that would make a very cool 3D carving to hang on my wall"...... :thumb:

Very cool indeed Toni, keep it up :clap:

I love both of the carvings Toni. Just truly awesome.

What's the inspiration for the second carving?

Now you see, that is why Toni is an artist and I'm just a hack :D

I see that pile of tools on the floor, an I think "oh boy, got to pick all of them up and put them away".

Toni sees them and thinks, "Boy that would make a very cool 3D carving to hang on my wall"...... :thumb:

Very cool indeed Toni, keep it up :clap:

Thanks for your comment Stu, but that it is only lateral thinking.

:thumb::thumb:
That mallet looks ready. I just want to pick it right off of the whole piece.

You flatter me Mohamad :)it is only roughly sketched and still needs a lot of work. But I appreciate your comment.

I love both of the carvings Toni. Just truly awesome.

What's the inspiration for the second carving?

Thanks a lot Brent, the second carving is taken from a fishermen picture that I got from a very old book. The pole that he's holding is a row.

My thoughts exactly. Well that, and the term "masterpiece" popped into my head as well. This is going to be stunning when done, Toni. :clap:

Thanks a lot for your encouragement Vaughn but wait until it is finished, don't sell the bear's skin before hunting it.:) there is still a lot of work to do and many chances of messing it up.

:eek::eek::eek:

all of that empty space, that happened while I was using my hands to push my bottom jaw back up so my mouth was closed and I didn't look like a complete idiot! :doh: That is just 110% AMAZING!!!!! Toni I am in awe. When I saw the first picture I was thinking, "naw, he isn't", second picture, "yep he is!!".:eek: I will be closely watching the progress. Go get 'em Toni!!!! :thumb::thumb:

:eek::eek::eek:
all of that empty space, that happened while I was using my hands to push my bottom jaw back up so my mouth was closed and I didn't look like a complete idiot! :doh: That is just 110% AMAZING!!!!! Toni I am in awe. When I saw the first picture I was thinking, "naw, he isn't", second picture, "yep he is!!".:eek: I will be closely watching the progress. Go get 'em Toni!!!! :thumb::thumb:

Thanks Jonathan, at first I didn't understand what you were talking about when you say "all that empty space"";) I thought you were talking about my shop, which is rather small, then I realised that you meant your open mouth.
Your encouragement is like giving me a power cell. (like the duracell rabbit) Thanks again, I hope not to dissapoint any of you when I'm finished with it.

Toni, if you used Tile on the dove then it is indeed bass wood.

Thanks Don, now I'm sure about it.:)