Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****WARNING****Graphic****Pics of injury

****WARNING****Graphic****Pics of injury

Brent and the other Mods decided that since the pictures below are not gory, they may serve as a reminder to all about shop safety. I list these here not for shock value as much as a lesson as to what can happen in a split second to anyone of us.

and now ...be careful out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3692.jpg   DSCN3695.jpg   DSCN3699.jpg   DSCN3700.jpg   RSCN3701.jpg  

Last edited by Dom DiCara; 11-08-2010 at 02:59 AM.

I know it is hind sight Dom and I am glad that you are not hurt worse, but it just rienforces the reasons to get a saw stop. Acidents happen all to fast and without warning.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I think I am going to have to show these pictures to my wife, she wonders why I stop what I am doing and turn off the machine I am on when she come into the shop to ask me something.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I have told my wife that before the grandkids get old enough to work in the shop with me, there will be a sawstop being used. I don't want the debate on teaching safety and the like, I don't want to see one of my grandkids get cut/hurt bad when I could have prevented it by spending a few more dollars on safety. Dom, it really looks like your fingers are coming along good. Good color, ends are rolled nicely, your docs did good. I am so sorry for your loss and pain. I do appreciate you posting these, they will be discussed Tuesday when I get back to school. Hope you are feeling better, if you are on pain meds, be careful in the shop.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I have told my wife that before the grandkids get old enough to work in the shop with me, there will be a sawstop being used. I don't want the debate on teaching safety and the like, I don't want to see one of my grandkids get cut/hurt bad when I could have prevented it by spending a few more dollars on safety. Dom, it really looks like your fingers are coming along good. Good color, ends are rolled nicely, your docs did good. I am so sorry for your loss and pain. I do appreciate you posting these, they will be discussed Tuesday when I get back to school. Hope you are feeling better, if you are on pain meds, be careful in the shop.
    Good point Jonathan....show this to the kids....if that does not give them respect for the machines...then nothing will and they should find new lines of endevour

Ouch! This may sound strange, but I am going to print one of these off and tack it above my table saw.

man sorry to hear of your mishap dom,, i am glad it wasnt worse though,, one more reminder of what we all need to pay attention to,...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Thanks for the pictures Dom. Its real good reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    I know it is hind sight Dom and I am glad that you are not hurt worse, but it just rienforces the reasons to get a saw stop. Acidents happen all to fast and without warning.
    Drew thats exactly what i was thinking. No one can say it cannot happen to them. Whats those tips worth in $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug DeVore View Post
    Ouch! This may sound strange, but I am going to print one of these off and tack it above my table saw.
    Me too.

Jonathan the only other side of the coin here is we dont want to scare the heck out of the kids such that they rather just adopt an entirely risk averse approach to the shop and avoid it all together.

There is no reward in a life risk free. I have done some crazy things in my life, have scars to show for it and am still kicking. Was also left entirely alone with my Dads all in one combo machine when i was 12 and never got myself cut. (thats bandsaw, planer, lathe, jointer, table saw all in one)

Fear is a healthy safety device.
    cheers

There is nothing I can add to what has been said, I' sorry for you accident and I appreciate you wanting to show us. An image is worth a thousand words.
    This has awakened many of us that were dozing off about safety. It is a pity that to awake people it had to happen.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Just wondering if you're going to be needing in the shop. I hear you're a little "short handed".

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon. It is a good reminder of what could happen every time we turn our saws on.