Results are in

Bill Simpson

Good news is "Now We Know" but the bad news is ALS... So it seems my WWing days are numbered, and the list of unfinished projects is too.

I am so sorry to hear this.. Seems you have a very positive attitude, which is good. I have not kept up with the medical progress for ALS. So all I can offer in that regard is prayer which I do offer you.

Paul

Yes Bill, I second Steve's recommendation. I had tingling fingers (still do) preliminary diagnosis ALS. Somehow I have put a permanent kink in my nerve so my left hand always feels like I hit my funny bone. Prayers being said for you my friend.

Very bad news, Bill. I hope you keep us informed as to your treatment and progress. I understand that Riluzole is a drug used successfully to slow the progess of the disease.x

Bill, wish you the best, and + on the second or third opinion. My Dad had ALS and at that time there were a lot of medical trials going on. See if you can find one. most would only take people in the early stages. Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear your bad news but as others have stated, get a second opinion. Thoughts and prayers to you from this house.

Dang, that's not the news I was hoping for. I'll echo everyone else's suggestions, and also be sending my best to you from here.

Bill, I am new on the Family. This may be of some help. Look up Knopp Neurosciences in Pittsburgh. They have a new ALS drug working its way through the regulatory process. I have heard they are getting good results. You might also check with the ALS Society. They have up to date knowledge on drugs in the pipeline. ALS is a nasty disease but there are new therapies being developed. So, do not put away the tools just yet. God Speed, Kyle