Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dust collector bags...

dust collector bags...

There was a thread here about dust collector bags, but I don't remember which forum we were in and can't find it now.... but I needed a new bag for my harbor freight DC and several posted suggestions of where to get them.... I think I had some of the sites saved to my favorites, but the computer has crashed and been re-install since then and I've lost a bunch of favorites.

There's a critter that's decided to make his/her nest in my DC shed and that the new bag was the perfect material to line his/her nest with.... my new bag has been shredded for nesting material...

Can you repost the sites for the new bag...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Wow, I was wondering the same thing about an hour ago. I had to gorilla tape a few holes in the bag after I saw a few piles of dust around my HFDC.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

If I was going to get new bags, I'd think hard about converting to a Canister.

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Definatly the canister is way better than a bag system. Esay to clean and lets far less dust particls through.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    Definatly the canister is way better than a bag system. Esay to clean and lets far less dust particls through.
    Funny, I got tired of diminished performance from a clogged filter, and converted back to a bag.

I got a custom bag from American Fabric Filter Co., and the performance has been far, far better than with the cartridge.

Chuck, if you were closer, I'd give you the cartridge. It's just wasting space on a shelf for me.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Funny, I got tired of diminished performance from a clogged filter, and converted back to a bag.

I got a custom bag from American Fabric Filter Co., and the performance has been far, far better than with the cartridge.

Chuck, if you were closer, I'd give you the cartridge. It's just wasting space on a shelf for me.
    Interesting. Is it one of those 'felt' feeling bags? I bought mine so long ago I can't remember it's filtration capacity, but I think it was pretty 'small/fine'. I was always impressed with how it was able to not blow up as firmly as the old cloth bags, even with it's improved filtering capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Interesting. Is it one of those 'felt' feeling bags? I bought mine so long ago I can't remember it's filtration capacity, but I think it was pretty 'small/fine'. I was always impressed with how it was able to not blow up as firmly as the old cloth bags, even with it's improved filtering capacity.
    Yeah, it's a 'felted fabric, rated at one micron. My bag is 30" diameter, and 72" high (just fits under my 10 foo ceiling) and it inflates, but, like you said, not nearly as firmly as the old cloth bags.

Cleaning, such as it is, is easy - just smack it with a stick as the DC is winding down. Essentially, it's maintenance free.

BTW, the custom bag cost me about $170, delivered, about four years ago.
    Jim D.

I'm pretty sure mine is the 1 micron as well, but I must have bought it probably more than 6 or 7 years ago. It's not any higher than the standard Delta bag, but it really seems to work a lot better.

Guess I'll cross the canister off my wish list... (That'll make Sharon happy).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post

Sorry that you have had problems with yours Jim. If I was closer I would jump at that offer. My system comes with the cleaning pulls that allow me to pull a bar with a broom like material up and down the inside of the filter to clean off the trapped dust inside the pleats. I know that some of the canister ones have a bar that spins around to do this and i don't know how that works. I also use an air hose between pulls to blow smaller particls back into the catch bag and once in awhile I take the entire canister off and blow it right out to get the ultra small particals ( I do that outside away from the house while wearing a good dust mask) I have had no complaints about how it works since i bought it. The good thing about the canister type is the surface area. With all the pleats in the material it give more surface area of filter than the bags do.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    ...The good thing about the canister type is the surface area. With all the pleats in the material it give more surface area of filter than the bags do.
    That's why I bought the big bag. It has about 4~5 times more surface area than the 'stock' bag would have.
    Jim D.