My Saturday

Steve I was a sharp shooter in the army so long range is no problem. My 22 mag will drop them at 200 yards. Or if need be I have a Tikka 3 270 that will do the trick. But there is something about 00 buck with a choke that will put 9-10 shots in them at 50 yards.

I dont hunt, and havent done much target shooting with scopes on rifles.
You can take down a moving target with a 22 mag at 200 yards?
wow, that is impressive shooting. 200 yards and moving, wow again, cant get over that kinda shooting.

back in the 80s, I was friendly with a store owner near mine, a much older gentleman than myself. He took me up to his hunters cabin up near Albany NY, and it was then I learned he was a sniper in his company in the Korean War, and he had some skills when it came to long distance shooting, and he was in his 60s then.

They really do blend in, and these guys look really healthy. Lots of rabbits and chipmunks around, not to mention quail and chukar.

I might have to get the caller and my digital recorder out one of these nights and see if I can get them stirred up again.

Once the snow gets here, there will be coyote tracks literally all over the property here...

They really do blend in, and these guys look really healthy. Lots of rabbits and chipmunks around, not to mention quail and chukar...

Yeah, ones in your photos look a lot healthier than the ones I see around here all the time. Rabbits and chipmunks must be a better diet than rats and chihuahuas. :p

I dont hunt, and havent done much target shooting with scopes on rifles.
You can take down a moving target with a 22 mag at 200 yards?
wow, that is impressive shooting. 200 yards and moving, wow again, cant get over that kinda shooting.

back in the 80s, I was friendly with a store owner near mine, a much older gentleman than myself. He took me up to his hunters cabin up near Albany NY, and it was then I learned he was a sniper in his company in the Korean War, and he had some skills when it came to long distance shooting, and he was in his 60s then.

If you were ever interested in getting some rifle marksmanship training, cheap, with a little history thrown in, check and see if there are any appleseed shoots around. It's a non-political organization interested in teaching people rifle skills. Sharon and I did it and while I'm no marksman, it taught me some techniques that made me a better shot.

What's annoying is when I take my dad out shooting, he's still a better shot than me, and he never had any training, other than the hunting he did as a kid....

My wife would see a coyote or snake and be on the first plane back to Long Island.
She thinks waterbugs are about the same thing as the Cloverfield monster.

Coyotes are, well, not really dangerous, except to some livestock and house pets. Bucky's favorite hobby, just about anytime we let her out, is to run around and issue 'warning howls' at the smells she sniffs.

The snakes I have issues with. Fortunately, I saw 0 rattlers this year, and only a couple of gophers and a king snake. Still don't like those guys, but they keep the rattlers away and are harmless...

I did catch a picture of Lonely Boy (A wild horse that roams around) up in the hills behind the house today though right around sunset...

attachment.php

Attachments

• lonelyboy_02.jpg
    lonelyboy_02.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 212
Its hard to comprehend for a city boy that you actually have wild horses running around near your home.
Until you showed a picture last year or so of all those horses on your property, I really had no idea horses roamed wild anymore anywhere in this country. I figured some guy would corral them all and make money on them.

No fences, few trees, nothing to keep them in. Sometimes they get rounded up and taken away, but seems like there's always more to fill in the cracks. At least it's a reasonable number anymore.

Not all that different than the deer and antelope here...