PayPal Help

Dan Lee

Went to do my FW donation and they are asking me to "verify" my bank account with info on from a check. I've only used PP a couple times. I thought in the past I just used a credit card to fund the transfer.
Is this new ?? or am I missing the CC optionThanks
Dan

Went to do my FW donation and they are asking me to "verify" my bank account with info on from a check. I've only used PP a couple times. I thought in the past I just used a credit card to fund the transfer.
Is this new ?? or am I missing the CC optionThanks
Dan

IIRC this step is optional, but some places may not accept payments from you if you're not at a 'verified' address. I've seen several eBay vendors stipulating 'PayPal from verified addresses only'.

So, unless Don set his options only to accept verified, you should be okay.

I've done quite a bit through PayPal and I've never wired mine up to a bank account although it's something they keep prodding/suggesting you do.

I can't help you Dan as I have mine tied to my bank account and have only used it for donations until today. I ordered some EZ stuff and when I got the confirmation from EZ here is what Paypal is telling them:

'This eCheck Payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance.'

I was going to use it for a project the start of next week so I guess that is not going to happen. Four business days to clear and four business days to get here would be a week from this Friday. I wish that I had known before I authorized the payment and I would have changed my payment method. I may delete my Paypal account and only use credit cards from now on as this kind of thing really hacks me off.

In this day of electronic payments it is hard for me to believe that it takes four days to check a bank balance and issue the funds. No use complaining as nothing is going to change. I think that you can depost money to them and have instant payment but I am not sure. In any case, I do not want to tie my funds up in another account when I can just use credit cards with no hassle.

I may keep it long enought to donate here but then SO LONG PAYPAL. I learned my lesson.

Last edited: