Howdy From San Diego

Matt Fornes

Hello All,
Just wanted to come in here and introduce myself.

I am originally from Eastern N.C. but now live in San Diego by way of the US Navy. No longer in the Navy but decided to stay in San Diego due to the lovely weather.

I grew up "helping" do woodworking projects with my Grandfather and Father. Its something that I really enjoyed doing and want to get back into. I live in an apartment but am lucky enough to have a garage that is located directly underneath my balcony. Only problem is that there isn't any outlets in there. There is an overhead light but no outlets. I've got extension cords so no problem there.

My garage is 11'W x 24'D so work space is limited.

I have started my collection of power tools but the laundry list is still long. I am a firm believer in buying quality once over cheap multiple times.
So far I have:

7 1/4" circular saw
10" Compound Mitre saw
Jig Saw
Router w/fixed and plunge base
6" RO Sander
4 1/2" Angle grinder
Cordless drill

I think thats it. Majority of them are Orange and a couple yellows one mixed in. Didn't want to post brand names or links due to not being sure of forum rules.

Well, my post ended up being a lot longer than I wanted.

I have been looking for a nice woodworking community. This looks great.

Matt

welcome matt and here most things go,, as for as naming names and links and such.. its just the political and religion stuff that are taboo,, and if yu slip up they arent gonna make yu walk the plank.. we came from one of those and dont do things here that way:)

As soon as I get around to making some kind of shop down in the garage I will post up some pics. I understand the pics. I am on a boat building site that is the same way. The more pics the better.

Matt

Hey Matt, welcome. Oh and thanks for your military service. I am ex Navy and my son is a Corpsmen presently attached to the Marines. When he's not deployed (like he is now) he stationed at Camp LeJune North Carolina.

I grew up just north of Camp Lejeune. I miss it, but like the So Cal weather alot.

When he's not one deployment he is a volunteer first responder with the Onslow country Fire rescue which I believe is just north of LeJuene also. It is pretty country but boy is it humid in the summer.

You aint lying about the humidity. I grew up in New Bern which is in Craven County.