Designated Driver

If you drink this Holiday season, get a Designated Driver

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CowboyDriver.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	51335
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Hey Dan our legislature just put out the toughest drinking driving laws in the country.

New drinking-driving penalties under B.C.ís Motor Vehicle Act came into effect on Sept. 20 2010.

Police in B.C. can now issue an immediate roadside prohibition to an impaired driver with a blood-alcohol content (BAC) of .05 or higher. (The BAC is based on a breath sample into a roadside screening device.)

The vehicle the person is driving can also be immediately taken off the road and impounded for three to 30 days.

Costs related to these offences can add up to an estimated $600 to $4,060óeven if itís the first time a driver is caught.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Drew,
    I drive a bus into Vancouver 3 times a week, I've seen the road side check points. They always set them on an overpass or bridge so the drivers can't turn away. very smart! I sure don't want drinking drivers on the road with me!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

.05 is pretty strict. NY is .08. Whatever saves lives, I guess.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I agree with Dan on this and BTW anyone with a CDL here in the states with a Blood Alchol. count of .04 is consider legally drunk. so that mean if you are a commercial driver don't even take a sip. Thats one reason why I reverted my DL back when I went off the road, so I could at least have a beer or a glass of wine when I went out to dinner.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 11-17-2010 at 02:46 AM.
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Oh don't get me wrong It doesn't bother me in the slightest what ticks me off is the government now is re considering the enforcment of the laws as it is effecting people going out to the bar and having more than a drink or two. Which effects the tax collected by the government on the booze. No one is drinking no tax money collected. Guess that they didn't think people would take it so seriously. We went out to our local pub for dinner the other night and by 7 the place was dead. Just like someone turned on a switch.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

It's hard to say this but not drinky no ticky. How much taxes is a life worth?
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

The drinking regulations work out great for me.

I gave up drinking any alcohol about 10 years ago.

(I my early life when I was young and stupid I drank more than my share. Now I'm not so young any more.)

However, being a non-drinker, it amazing how much more popular I am since I can be the designated driver!!!!

Walt in CT

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    Hey Dan our legislature just put out the toughest drinking driving laws in the country.

New drinking-driving penalties under B.C.ís Motor Vehicle Act came into effect on Sept. 20 2010.

Police in B.C. can now issue an immediate roadside prohibition to an impaired driver with a blood-alcohol content (BAC) of .05 or higher. (The BAC is based on a breath sample into a roadside screening device.)

The vehicle the person is driving can also be immediately taken off the road and impounded for three to 30 days.

Costs related to these offences can add up to an estimated $600 to $4,060óeven if itís the first time a driver is caught.
    Yeah, Glassman said the bar he went to to watch the hockey game was DEAD. He said that bar now has free transportation to and from your house. I don't drink so it doesn't bother me. I'm always the DD. I'd like to comment on the politics, but I'll refrain so I don't get censored by the moderators.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

I had a close relative killed by a drunk driver. I don't think the current laws are tough enough.
    Faith, Hope & Charity