Tell Me One Good Thing

Oh yes i can, i just opened the post box and in it was the last copy i will get from Fine Woodworking. It was the annual magazine called Tools and Shops. I was delighted with its content and will do a post about it for other. :thumb: I have many more things but hey i will leave space for others.:D

Got to spend a little time watching my 2 and 4 year old nephews tonight. Pumped them full of sugar and caffeine, the sent them home with their parents that were 1 1/2 hours later than they said they would be. :D

Also got to spend time with my 28 year old nephew doing woodworking this week too.

Beat the depression yesterday.. The sun was out for awhile. Reply bad most of today.. Maybe better tomorrow..

My son called me on my birthday--- had a really long talk - not like him to talk so long.. Wish that he could tell what is doing for DOD.

Oh yes i can, i just opened the post box and in it was the last copy i will get from Fine Woodworking. It was the annual magazine called Tools and Shops. I was delighted with its content and will do a post about it for other. :thumb: I have many more things but hey i will leave space for others.:D

Got mine today Rob. Good article on bandsaws. Just in time for my next big purchase. :D Oh and LV has a good sale starting today on sandpaper.:thumb::thumb: Already picked up a pack of 80,120,180 & 240 ( 80 sheets )for 39 bucks. less than 50 cents a sheet :thumb::thumb:

Sure Cynthia, many good things happening:) I got to meet up with family members yesterday as in Rennie and Jan also Larry and Randi:D you have a family get together soon so BE HAPPY, things don't get much better that that:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Earlier this week it was cool and crisp in the morning, but bright and sunny, and it was a delight to cycle to work in the sunshine.

ps: Drew, check out the new CX series that Busy Bee is introducing. I'm not sure if they're in the stores yet. I like the looks of their 14" bandsaw (13" resaw, cast iron wheels, but still a compact footprint) and will be checking it out at the CHW show at the end of the month.

I'm feeling some very grumpy vibes on the board today, so can you tell me one good thing that happened to you this week? I want to hear some good news!

This week I broke ground on a new work shop. I'm trying to graduate myself from the "chicken-on-a-stick" woodworking . Plus I wanted to build one while I am still working at my day job. Hopefully, this is a pre-retirement move that will prove worthwhile in the long run. I am sure the investment will pay off.

It was another lovely morning as I cycled to work.
The sky was clear behind me in the south, but dark in the northwest.
And I saw that there was a partial rainbow in the sky.

I always get a kick out of rainbows.
I cycled a bit further and then I noticed that I could see both ends of the rainbow.
And as I turned the corner I was now at an angle where I could see the full bow.

And 20 feet further down the road I now caught a glimmer of a second partial rainbow.
I looked again.
Yes, it was a partial double rainbow

Gorgeous!

Then it started to rain.

...art
(who is waiting for his wife to bring some dry pants to work...)

Well, I've had a horrible cold this week, A very stressful project that I need to get done by the end of the week, Another old project that needs updating that's eating into my time, I've had no sleep.

The good news is that I might actually get everything done and be able to take all of next week off and be able to get some shop time in!

(Hmm, not sure that went the way it should have... :eek: )

Went to a Catholic mass/memorial yesterday for a good friend. Mass was less on the pomp and circumstance and more on David's life. Sent a good friend's soul heavenward, cried like a baby, met his brother's and sisters, remembered many good times. Sat and meditated in the tree stand last night. Don't think I would have shot a deer yesterday even if one had presented itself.
Thank you family for being here and being a family in the true sense of the word.

Had shoulder surgery on Nov. 11th. Turns out the rotator cuff was intact:bliss: so I only had a sling on overnite. Three incisions, one exploratory and two to scrape old age off of the collar bone. Also bobbed off the collar bone where it was irritating the cuff. Recovery time is about 2 weeks instead of 2 months.:thumb::beer: Can't say I'll be back to normal 'cause we've never established what is normal for me. :rofl::rofl:

Steve, glad to hear you are improving.:thumb: Thanks again for the PM.