Tell Me One Good Thing

Cynthia,
first off... that happens from time to time... Families will mutter and grumble a bit, I for one am thankful that my Family here cares enough to share the good And the bad times without getting in a kerfluffle over everything.

As for the good; I've had a very Masonic week so far. Tuesday was my regular lodge meeting, we had a Degree night, and our lodge increased by four new Entered Apprentice members (two more degrees and they're full Master Masons). Last night I helped out at my best friend's other Lodge across the street from where I used to live in Newport NY, had a grand night of fellowship and heard the District Deputy's rendition of the Grand Master's Message, bit of a drive, but it was a fun evening just the same. And lastly, today I happened to be parked in front of the masonic lodge in Skaneateles, and while I was admiring the building, the lodge Treasurer arrived. I introduced myself, and got a quick tour of their historic lodge rooms, dating all the way back to 1856. I'm going to come back down to take a photo essay about this lodge, as they have a museum room set up as a lodge was back when they first started which was Very impressive to see, and I want to document it if I'm able.

I hope this helps, Cynthia.

1. November 16 is my grand daughters birthday. She turned 3. The party was at Chucky Cheese. Definitly a hoot!

2. November 18, we have our grand daughter for our weekly visit. Sometimes we stay at the house, sometimes we spend the day at a park with swings, slides climbing walls and other good playthings, sometimes we go to the childrens discovery museum in Normal, Illinois which is a hands on, learning experience. Today she decided to stay at the house to read books, do hopscotch on interlocking squares, that she got for her birthday and I'm sure we'll be doing some drawing and painting, too.

3. This is also a VERY special day for Barbara and me. After we take Kinsey home, we are going to dinner to celebrate the 43rd anniversary of our wedding. Been a lot of good days, and a few not so good days, But, I wouldn't change much, except several decisions where I should have listened to her wisdom, instead of going on.

Bruce

Good news........My dog just has diarrhea.:D

Why is that good news? The vet thought he had an intestinal blockage and needed a $1500 operation.
$10.00 worth of pills will take care of it.
Well I guess I have to add the cost of renting a carpet cleaner as well.:rofl:

Well you asked. :rolleyes:

congrats bruce, 43 years, congrats to both of you.

Cynthia, heres some good news.
Theres a box of magazines on the way to you.
get out your reading glasses.

and more good news. No woodworking today, oral surgery, but Im headed off to harbor freight(the new store opened 10 minutes from me, a week ago), and I have 2 gift cards that are just burning a hole in my pocket.
spray gun and fat boy crawler, and whatever else they have laying around might be worth picking up.

Good news........My dog just has diarrhea.:D

Why is that good news? The vet thought he had an intestinal blockage and needed a $1500 operation.
$10.00 worth of pills will take care of it.
Well I guess I have to add the cost of renting a carpet cleaner as well.:rofl:

Well you asked. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

I can relate to that!

and I have 2 gift cards that are just burning a hole in my pocket.
spray gun and fat boy crawler, and whatever else they have laying around might be worth picking up.

I made a post, its gone, so Ill make another one.
I went to the HF store in Hempstead. Theres no doubt in my mind its going to be one of HFs highest grossing stores in North America, and I dont think the largest sq footage.
The staff was super helpful and super polite, always a great thing.
Kudos to all of them.

But.

I was looking around, picked up a spray gun, a countersink, and I couldnt find the creeper I was looking for. I found the one with thick padding, and the one with flames on the pad, but not the one I wanted.
So I asked one of the salesman working the floor.
Quietly, since its sort of a bit embarrassing, do you have the creeper advertised as a 300 lb capacity? He said, sure, its over...but I interrupted him and told him I looked there I didnt see any.
He walked over to a computer in the front of the store with me, looked up creepers, and sure enough, there it was with the sale price. And I touched the screen and said, yeah, this one.
He said, we have plenty of them and walked to the other side of the store, me lagging behind with my shopping cart.
He lifted it up and yelled back, not maliciously, just matter of factly, heres the one you want, the one for 300lb capacity!
So ofcourse 27 customers look at me, since it was the same thing as if he yelled back, Hey FAT BOY! you wanted the FAT BOY creeper, here it is, FAT BOY, right here, look 300 lbs, so do you want the FAT BOY one?
Do you want me to bring the FAT BOY one to the register for you?

eh.....Im not even sure what the guys were thinking when they made a creeper for 300lb guys. How many big boys do you see crawling under a car?
I use it to scoot around my crawlspace, since I cant crawl on my knees, the creeper works great. (my creeper for 20 years has been a 6 dollar skateboard with a piece of plywood nailed on top of it, but it just detiorated over the years)

You mean this one?

Heck, that just looks like it's comfortable and gets you lower to get under the car better.

A creeper for the crawl space. That's a great idea. I just need to figure out how to make an 'offroad' version, since my crawlspace is all gravel.

Something with some big pneumatic tires ought to work. Time to put the thinking cap on....

http://www.harborfreight.com/oversized-low-profile-creeper-2745.html

image_6448.jpg

yep, I dropped it down the crawl space stairs and it rolled to the other end of the house, what a dummy I am.gonna have to send my wife down there to find it.

Last edited:
You mean this one?

Heck, that just looks like it's comfortable and gets you lower to get under the car better.

A creeper for the crawl space. That's a great idea. I just need to figure out how to make an 'offroad' version, since my crawlspace is all gravel.

Something with some big pneumatic tires ought to work. Time to put the thinking cap on....

http://www.harborfreight.com/oversized-low-profile-creeper-2745.html

image_6448.jpg

Off road sounds good. You haven't been down there for over a year now. Don't blame you...you'd have to pay me money to go down to where the zombies hang out at night (and listen to TV).

I bought that same creeper, it's good. As for the ahem capacity, I always buy ladders rated for 300#. I'm a little guy, but the higher ratings mean they flex less, and when I'm 20 feet up in the air, I don't want my ladder flexing.

As for the sales guy and the FAT BOY creeper, I was once in my doctor's office [this is in the days before HIPPA - the privacy rules we have now] and the receptionist yelled across the waiting room "Ken, what did you come in for" I was really tempted to yell back "gonorrhea again" but kept my mouth shut and said something harmless.

[Mods, if the above paragraph crosses the line, just say so and I'll hit the edit button.]

:rofl: :rofl:

I can relate to that!

I'll bet Sharon's glad you didn't need the operation. Wives hate to drop that kind of cash on a husband. :p (And she'd probably feel bad about having you put to sleep in lieu of the surgery.) :D

One of our dogs went through the intestinal blockage surgery. Twice. In a span of about three weeks. (I think they missed something the first time.) I told the vet the next time, I wanted him to just install a zipper so I could handle it at home myself. BTW, the $1500 that was quoted to you is a bargain. I spent $4K on the first blockage (including the couple of weeks of meds and tests before the vet figured out what it was) and about $3K on the second one. Most expensive "free" dog I've ever owned. :rolleyes: But she's still my baby girl. ;)

Met Tony and had a wonderful day and evening with him and Marisol! Thanks again my friend :wave:
Almost home now. Few more days of travel and meetings and then looking forward to some quiet time at home and in the shop.:thumb: