Thread: Harbor Freight Compressor

Harbor Freight Compressor

Harbor Freight has a 3 hp, 21 gallon 115 psi cast iron vertical air compressor on sale... Item nr: 94667.. Anyone have any info on this compressor... I just got an order for 8 of my pepper mills and that will give me a pretty good chunk of $$ to work with. The compressor is on sale for $129.99 with a super coupon.. it's only on sale through 11/21/2010 so I'll have to go to HF either today or Sunday...since I have a show on Saturday. Is it worth driving 100 miles for??
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

For $130 sounds like you can't go wrong. 115psi is a little low top end for me but you could always adjust the pilot valve to increase it.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Chris Hatfield is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    I had to chose between that one and the 8 gallon hot dog style, and went for the hot dog due to having to move it around so much. Looked like a good value to me. I've enjoyed mine, except for the air leaking around the nozzle. Some silicone tape today should solve that.

A buddy has had a similar HF oil-less machine that has run for years. Noisy as all get out but it sets outside under a lean-to of plywood and just keeps running.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Harbor Freight has a 3 hp, 21 gallon 115 psi cast iron vertical air compressor on sale... Item nr: 94667.. Anyone have any info on this compressor... I just got an order for 8 of my pepper mills and that will give me a pretty good chunk of $$ to work with. The compressor is on sale for $129.99 with a super coupon.. it's only on sale through 11/21/2010 so I'll have to go to HF either today or Sunday...since I have a show on Saturday. Is it worth driving 100 miles for??
    Chuck
    I bought that compressor for my son and must say I was very disappointed in it. It pumps up very slowly and is very noisy, it also gets very hot while pumping.

That said it is still running and is much better than what he had. It is on sale now for 139.00 without a coupon and with one of the 20 percent off from many magazines that would take it well below the 129.00 yo mention. You can't use the 20 percent off with another coupon but can use them off a regular or sale sale price.

139.00 minus 27.80 would take it to 111.20 or so and the tank is almost worth that....

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-hp-21...sor-94667.html

Don't forget to fill it with compressor oil.

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 11-19-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Chris Hatfield is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    You actually cannot use the 20% off coupon on compressors any more. The party is over, at least temporarily, on the 20% coupons. They are also no longer good on tool chests, 'big ticket' items and a few others.

I was going to post a thread on it, but there are a lot of people who don't shop there at all.

Here's a link to the discussion on another site:
    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...d=0&p=34195709

Relevant info starts at #1908.