Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday's here

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Friday's here

I be doing some shop cleaning , church on Sunday followed by the last NASCAR race of the season, so what have yall got planned .
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Plainwell, Michigan
    Put final coat (coats maybe) of poly on the counter tops, install the last 3 cab doors, bring in the refrigerator and range and put in their new home and then wait for Tues when the plumber will come to install sink and hook up all plumbing and dishwasher

Thomasville, GA
    Well, let's see...

Friday: Second coat of sealer/stain on our concrete patio. Start on sprinkler system.

Saturday: Mostly plan to have a restful day. Yeah, right!

Sunday: Fix brunch for LOML and me. Watch Jimmy win his fifth championship. Throw some ribeyes on the grill.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Reno NV
    Depending on how much work I get done today, I'll get to take some time off next week. Probably still have to do a bunch of work/work over the weekend.

Planned activities are :
    • Ripping up some more parquet
    • A small amount of laminate work
    • Putting some carpet reducer around the edges of the laminate
    • Working on the Media Alcove
    • Building trusses for the shed.

Santa Claus, In
    Working on more tables and cabinets for the shop. General layout stuff. Get one done, figure out another.

DSM, IA
    Our daughter has a sleepover at granpma's tonight so LOML and I will be out on the town having a little fun. Tomorrow I'm delivery a comission of 7 bowls to a lady that gave me some wood a few months ago. Will be watching some football and relaxing the rest of the day and then Sunday I hope to do some turning and some shop cleanup too.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Kansas City, Missouri
    Digging a footer for a lally column in the crawl space to support the main beam under our kitchen tonight and re-installing the bridging for the joists I repaired a few weeks ago (still sitting on jacks).

The Tahoe got fixed the other night, so free'd up about 7 hours of my Saturday. Planning to work on installing a needed bracing over the side garage door of the shop. Previous owner cut out one post and installed the door without a header, so the roof sags a few inches in that area. Also planning to sealing the shop up some more once things are squared up.

Sunday I'm installing the lally column in the crawl space and buttoning things up down there for the winter.

Have to fit in building a bird house sometime too...may do some glue-up later tonight.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Delton, Michigan
    gettun back to wood work now that the tree work is done for this year,, got a few projects stacked up from the fall layover that needs to get done..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

new york city burbs
    assemble sawstop, try to finish up shop alarm system, putting in electric cuttoff switch to overhead, and maybe starting to install camera system.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Going to visit our daughter in Vermont Saturday.
    Try and figure out how I'm going to make the dovetails on the chest Sunday.
    Faith, Hope & Charity