I love getting a new widget.

Karl Brogger

154114_1577633251978_1570037517_31368996_1595194_n.jpg

Well whatever it is, I can clearly see it's a left-tilt model. But I always thought widgets were smaller. I think this might actually qualify as a widge, so my guess is a left-tilt widge.

Automagical clamping/assembly table?

Door clamp. I've been doing it with pipe clamps for as long as I've been building my own doors. So about four years. I didn't have room at the old shop.

Another thing I didn't have room for was 52" rails on my Delta tablesaw. When ever I had to dado something in a longer piece I had to take the Dado head out of the Delta, put it in the Powermatic...... Drove me nuts. I ordered a set of Biesmeyer rails off of Amazon and installed them today. I also had to whip up a new side table. It looks more blue than it is in the picture. Its actually a pretty good blend of colors.

74439_1577633131975_1570037517_31368995_7556179_n.jpg

I wish I could get the parts in to finish up my dust collection.

Last edited:
Looks cool. :thumb: :thumb:

Pneumatic clamps?
What holds them to the table?
Magnetic? or actually bolted through the holes?
How long do you leave the glued up door in there?

Brent Dowell said:
Looks cool. :thumb: :thumb:

Pneumatic clamps?

Yes

Brent Dowell said:
What holds them to the table?
Magnetic? or actually bolted through the holes?

There's a dowel that index's in the holes, and magnets. Magnets hold it to the table, dowels keep it from sliding.

Brent Dowell said:
How long do you leave the glued up door in there?

About as long as it takes to glue up the next one. So maybe 30 seconds. You glue up the door, clamp it face down, bang it into the corner to square it, then brad nail the joint. Then start glueing up the next door.

Some shops use two people. One guy clamping and nailing, the other just glueing up parts. I like them to sit just a bit for the glue to tack up a bit.

You can use all four clamps to clamp the joint and square the door, but I don't really like doing it that way.