Remember fellas

that today is Valentines day. Don't forget your better half.

Mine likes cards, so I am going to take her down to the Hallmark card shop after she makes supper, and let her read them all.

..kidding....:D
Funny Steve.

Here's a true one for you. A few years ago my in laws were in a Hallmark store. It was a few weeks before my F-I-L's birthday. My M-I-L hands him a card and says, "Here's your birthday card." Before he's finished reading it, she yanks it out of his hand and puts it back in the rack. :rofl:

My wife doesn't care for flowers or cards or even chocolate. We just say, "Happy Valentine's Day" and that's pretty much it. :rolleyes:

Wife - dozen roses from grocery store, much cheaper than florist
4 yr old daughter - small set of flowers
1 yr old - balloon

Points to be made - many

Menard's had roses with baby's breath for $12.95/dozen and they fit into the 17% off sale bag. The guy I work with got his wife a dozen along with all the rest of the stuff he could cram in the bag. :rofl:

A Valentines Day lunch and some shopping for new boots and cloths for her. I wound up with a new Sportcoat and 12 new ties. Just about the same price.

LOML just called to let me know that the Pajamagram I ordered for her was delivered to her office while she was at lunch. That, and a few cards, is about the extent of things here.

Vaughn, Vaughn, Vaughn

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now, I know we should be asking for pics, but .......................

the office?

You must be building lots of points!

Jay

Story writers say that love is concerned only with young people, and the excitement and glamour of romance end at the altar. How blind they are. The best romance is inside marriage; the finest love stories come after the wedding, not before.
- Irving Stone

Ah, Rennie, a true romantic. Your quote is so appropriate, coming only a few days before my 24th anniversary. I love it; I may just print that out and keep it in a safe place.

My best fella got me one rose - one single long-stemmed red rose, but what a rose it is.

MVC-035S.JPG

This rose weighs about 2 pounds and is metal. I can drop a perfume-saturated cotton ball down into the middle and it will smell sweet. A lady friend here in town makes these, and it is one that will never wilt or fade, the petals won't fall off or be chewed on by the cat, and will be passed down to my granddaughter as a real work of art. I love it!!

Of course, it's still early in the day, so I don't know what else hubby has up his sleeve, but this rose started the day off beautifully.

Ah, Rennie, a true romantic. Your quote is so appropriate, coming only a few days before my 24th anniversary. I love it; I may just print that out and keep it in a safe place.
Thank you! :) My wife thinks so too.
We're celebrating 22 years this week. Just cards exchanged today, but we don't hold too much for waiting for a particular day to show appreciation or celebrate our love. :eek: Every day is fair game for that!:D

Jolie and I believe that everyday will be a great day as long as we are together. As some of you know, my wife lost her sense of sight smell and taste (OK Marty, "that is why she married me") about 11 years ago and still sews, cleans "her house" and cooks most of the meals. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and saved me from myself. We have been together about 8 years and married almost six. As a side note, she is an ex bikini and boat model and I am a troll. So when you might think Beauty and the Beast, just remember it is not nice to call a disabled woman a beast.

I'm running out of good ideas. The last several years I've been pretty creative, this year I just bought the dozen roses.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time she told me she didn't want anything so I didn't buy anything?:bang:

Yep...sent her roses YESTERDAY at work so I wouldn't forgett......now I got husbands calling me thretning to burn my house...
Reg

We don't do much different here either. LOML teaches private piano here at the house so teaches too late to try to go out to eat. I did tell her that I bought a new circular saw when I was home for lunch today though.:thumb: Evidently I didn't tell her that the old one died last night. She drove for 8 hours yesterday, then taught for another 3 or so yesterday...I guess I thought she was too tired last night for idle chit chat.:D Jim.

What did I get my lovely wife.............?

Zero, Zilch, Nada..... yep, nothing at all.

Why?

.........because we are in Japan, and in Japan, the gals get stuff for the guys on Valentine's day, and then on March 14th we have "White Day" and us guys then reciprocate.

Works for me! :thumb:

Well, what I can tell you about............. ;)

Handmade chocolate heart from my daughters, and it was YUMMY :thumb: and from my wife, a nice box of hand made truffles, YUMMY:thumb:

I shared them with the gals, they enjoyed them too!

Cheers!:D

well i am late but!! free lessons avaibile

well i was warned by steve that the vday was comin,,he was just returning a favor i did for him earlier,,gave him some one on one insight in the minds of women, belive me i have seen a fair share of it.and we are both from the same school, of redneck thought.. so this year i got my lovly asnd very considerate life long girlfreind the most likly things she wouldlike i tyhought for 3 days to get thelist just right. what is it that she likes to eat or do??/ wellthe doing part was easy as it is quilting and sewing in any form but thsoe new fandangled machines now days are puter ran and she wasnt to keen on the puter. so i suggested i would cough upfor a couple classes on her 2cd machine yup she gots two, one fer each arm.:D and fer the good stuff well she loves catalope and i dint so i got here a good soft one justy ripe, then i got her a punkin pie frozen, i dont bake. ben and jerrys ice cream nutin buthte best, and it was penut butter and CHOCASLT! and also her very own bottle of choclatslat milk.. then so this could be a healthy meal i gother a nice slab of smoked ham and some good greenrrny, vegies for you sufustacated folk, a great big cucumber,, and yes it was the real deal:) so i got some posies for her to they had them right next to the register so i wouldnt have to go to far to get them. a card from the wall next door with a wet env. that i pitched. thats waht happens to all of them anyway. read and pitch. and so i dont have top get out and clean her window i got her a long etension handled window scraper. see she's vertically challenged.