2011 Woodworking Classes in the Pacific NW

Bill Satko

I just got my notice that the Port Townsend School of Woodworking has opened most of their 2011 schedule for registration. They are holding off on the classes by Garrett Hack and Chris Schwarz until maybe next Wednesday. If you are interested in either one of these guys, you better be prepare, especially for Chris.

I am thinking I will catch classes from both of them. I am especially interested in the small table class by Garrett. Great opportunity for someone in the area (especially if you live on Vancouver Island :)) to learn from some great teachers.

Registration is Open for 2011
We've started to roll out the registration for 2011. Most of the courses through June 2010 are now open.

Please use the 2011 Course Schedule page to access the courses that are open for registration. Other pages may not work.

The September classes with Chris Schwarz and Garrett Hack are not yet open for registration. We'll open them when the email confirming all the classes are open for enrollment goes out. That should happen no later than Weds Nov 24th.

Bill, since you used the pronoun "we" I infer that you're affiliated with the school. Can you give me a sense of how soon a class like "Chairmaking" typically fills up? The reason I ask is because I would love to take it but need to save up my spare change to cover the registration costs. :eek:

Bill, since you used the pronoun "we" I infer that you're affiliated with the school. Can you give me a sense of how soon a class like "Chairmaking" typically fills up? The reason I ask is because I would love to take it but need to save up my spare change to cover the registration costs. :eek:

No, I am not affiliated with the school, except for spending my money there. I just copied a portion of the email they sent me.

I don't have an idea on the chairmaking class. I really think that they will not fill up that quickly, except for the the classes with Chris. You probably do not have to make any quick decisions on the chairmaking class.

You don't have to pay the full amount for classes 5 days and longer. See the following from their website:

Registration Policy
Our registration and cancellation policies

• We require payment in advance.
  • For our shorter (2-3 day) courses we ask for the full course fee in advance.
  • For our longer (5-10 day) courses we ask for a one-third deposit at the time of registration. The balance of the course fee is due 30 days before the course starts. We will send you a reminder to pay the balance due 45 days before the course starts.
  • If we have to cancel a course we will fully refund your course fee.
  • If you have to cancel a course registration more than 30 days before the course starts we will refund your registration fee less a $75 administration charge.
  • If you cancel a course registration less than 30 days before a course starts your course fee or deposit is non-refundable.