Found my shop today

Ned Bulken

A new friend of mine, one of my sons' friend's father stopped by today, and graciously helped me find my tablesaw and planer, plus a few other parts of the shop. We might be building him a work station for his craft hobbies, he's going to sketch up some ideas, and I'll see if we can't build it for him.

We even got a couple of cutting board blanks planed down. I have one more ready to work on tomorrow, so I'll have 4 boards in the clamps by tomorrow night. The LOML wants to take a few of them in to work and see if they'll sell at the indoor flea market. If they do, we're going to reinvest the money in some lumber and get a larger stock built up, to help offset the moving costs.

true, and I am planning on a bit of that as well... but we un-earthed the board blanks, and he mentioned he had never learned to use a planer... so I 'taught him' by planing down the two blanks, then did the cut/flip/cut/flip thing...
Those two blanks will net 3 boards one good sized all maple one, and two smaller 'cheese' boards, all end grain.

A new friend of mine, one of my sons' friend's father stopped by today, and graciously helped me find my tablesaw and planer, plus a few other parts of the shop. We might be building him a work station for his craft hobbies, he's going to sketch up some ideas, and I'll see if we can't build it for him.

We even got a couple of cutting board blanks planed down. I have one more ready to work on tomorrow, so I'll have 4 boards in the clamps by tomorrow night. The LOML wants to take a few of them in to work and see if they'll sell at the indoor flea market. If they do, we're going to reinvest the money in some lumber and get a larger stock built up, to help offset the moving costs.

It shouldn't be to hard to tell him you can't build it. Now when you tell him you can build it then is when the talent will need to kick in.:rofl:

went back out to the shop today, and made a royal mess out there, man that was fun!!

I decided that cold or no, I would finish the batch of cutting boards. I glued up the blank yesterday for this board, and ran it through the planer today... wound up with a knot precisely on one corner, which promptly turned into a Feature! (marketing 101)

I also cut up three more blanks, which I believe will wind up as about 4 or 5 smaller boards:

Decided to do the gluing up in the house, since the sky was falling and there were little white flakes everwhere.