Old man winter is here

it is supposed to get cold this weekend and my landlord has not put the new heating unit in yet. My new lease says new heating unit will be installed before it gets cold. I've been bugging him every day to get it done.

Drew,

It was +10c yesterday as I biked to work. I missed the rain, but there was a thunderstorm in the late morning.

But your weather is coming our way (durn jetstream)... Looks to be closer to zero in a few days.

I put the winter tires on the minivan on Saturday, and I swapped to my winter bike yesterday, so I'm ready! :thumb:

It is not nice here Art. The wind chill was -16 last night and we recieved the call from out tenants over on SaltSpring that the pipes have frozen. Ya know when it gets cold like this and ya have a pump house leave the taps dribbling all the time. Ya think people would listen when ya tell them these things :deadhorse: so now i have to go over and fix the plumbing, Again !! :bang::bang: Oh and plug the heat tape in and turn the heat lamp on. Ya know the simple things. This is what ya get for renting to folks that want to live off the land but have no clue what it takes to be self sufficent.

Last edited:
For a change Drew its all out your way. We are still looking nice a clean but as Art says aint staying that way for long.:D My weather station says +11 C 52 F. Not bad given we supposed to be the great white North.:rofl:

I had to break out the gloves and hat for a walk last night...woke up to 18 F degrees. Chilly, but I will still be out in the shop tonight...I like cold weather! :D