Getting ready for the Christmas rush!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
attachment.php

A couple for some comedy relief!
attachment.php

An attempt at dyeing to appear as tiger stripes. Didn't work out, maybe next time!
attachment.php

Forgot to paint the tube of the one on the right. (shredded CDN $ bills) I'm hoping somebody will think it looks like gold peering back at them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Some nice spalted beech here and the 2 above. I think the one in the middle is cocobolo, but I'm just taking a stab in the dark. The wood type wasn't noted on the blank.

Wow, nice selection of pens there! I like em all. I don't think your bottom center one is cocobolo, it doesn't seem to have the contrast associated with it. It very well might be one of the rosewood family tho, as coco b is.
Job well done!
mj

Hey, nice collection!

What is that kit in with the octagonal/hexogonal (?) nib?

Really interesting looking..

Mack you got this pen making down pat. Those are all beauties. I especially like the very first colored one. Thats the first time i have seen that type and i think the pen and the whole style suites the colors and lines it all looks well just excellent.

As for the rest, I gotta say i aint seen anyone come close to what you do. You got the balance just right.:thumb:

Those Pens look like they could be used at the princes wedding to sign the registry.

Hey theres an idea get a special edition going for the Royal Wedding. Just dont try sell me one.:D You until April to get production up.;):thumb:

Mack think about trying your hand at casting some blocks for pens. Find a good pic of the new Royal couple and reduce it to fit in casting with some date etc. Then make pens. Collectors edition. According to some Bishop you will be able to sell them again in 7 years.

I like the Colorwood's...those look fun.
What kind of paint do you like for the barrels Mack?
Hi Jim; I'm supposing you're talking about the shredded $$ bill pen. I use an acrylic paint available at most hobby shops. I've heard of penturners using Testor's paint that's used in model making. I've never used it.

As for colour I would have used a dark green on the inside of the drilled blank as well as on the tube. I did use white once before, and that looked OK as well.