Some Quicky Cabs

Stuart Ablett

The Liquor shop is getting some renovations, about time too ;D
We had a open top fridge that we used for six can packs of beer, but that old fridge finally up and died, just before I went under the knife you know :doh:

We had this monster large ice cream freezer which took up a lot of space in a prime retail spot of the shop, and honestly we sell a LOT more beer than ice cream.

I had wanted to change the ice cream freezer out for a smaller one and get a larger beer fridge, but always got ignored. The old beer fridge died so this was the chance, we got ride of the old freezer and got one half the size, moved some shelving around and fit it into a new spot, then we got a new open top beer fridge, that is MUCH larger. We decided NOT to buy, used units were hard to come by and were usually not cheap, so we leased, we pay about $65 a month, and that is a six year lease, any maintenance on the units is the fridge companies problem for six years.

One thing I had to do was make a space for some books/magazines we have. There is a famous wine magazine here called Wine Art, very glossy coffee table type of a magazine, we have and keep old issues, and they do sell, so I needed a place to keep them organized and clean (each magazine is in it's own plastic bag). I made up a couple of really quick cabinets that go on top of the older existing open case fridge and freezer.....
above_fridge_shelves.jpg

Nothing special but they should work out well.

Here is the new fridge and smaller freezer....
new_fridge_freezer.jpg

Above the freezer I will make a cabinet hold wine glasses and other tools of the trade, and over the back of the beer fridge, nearly up to the ceiling, I'll make another cabinet, to use that open space better, also you can see the wine in wine boxed beside the new fridge, that too will be replaced with a cabinet or wine. I want to use this area for wine special, either on price or seasonal. I'll build it will the capacity to hold 4 or so bottle of each wine on display on top, while having a rack on the bottom to hold stock.

Add to all of this that I'll finally be building the upright cigar humidor for the planned shop renovation early next year, and well, I'll be busy I guess.

Cheers!:thumb:

I'm fine, stitches are out, feeling good, the incision looks great!

There was no heavy lifting involved at all, getting the units out of the Dungeon and across the street I got my wife and daughter to do that, even had them lift them into place while I supervised :D

The freezer looks like it is pinned to the wall by the fridge. How are they supposed to get at the back when they need to service it? Or is the compressor front-accessible?

Is that a window on the left or just a black wall? Wouldn't think you'd want to block a window.

And since Ned already said it, I'll say nothing on the subject of lifting. :)

Glad to see you up and about.
...art