Its Wednesday so what cooking

Nothing yet for Thanksgiving. My son-in-law is a chef and always has to work holidays. Our family will get together on Dec. 5th for combination Thanksgiving and grand daughters 1st Birthday. Planning some shop time this week to get ready for my next as yet undecided project.

Just finished a refinish job on a buffet we found, real cheap, (can you say 60 bucks?) at a local antique shop. Some really beautiful walnut burl and nice book match all around. It was basically a big brown box covered with about 60 or 70 years of oxidized shellac when I started. Pleasantly surprised to find what was under all of the crud.

Steve...I'm up to an arm and a half. :D Being left handed has it's advantages. Hope you are doing well.

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of the family. :wave:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
today - resting up from the 4 day work week:zzz:
tomorrow - cooking, then heading over to our dad's for dinner:drool:
friday - wife:blah: thinks we're going shopping at an ugly hour of the morning:crazy:
saturday - up for grabs:highfive:

boy, did you luck out roger, you scoundrel! :thumb:

5 guys...incredible burgers and tons of tasty tasty fries. :thumb::thumb:

Wednesday, getting stuff prepped for tomorrow
Thursday get up early stuff the bird and get ready for a houseful of kids and grandkids.

Friday the wife and I will be all alone all day :thumb::thumb:
May take a ride to Woodcraft and use the gift certificate my daughter gave me. I think they carry the Chestmate jig.

Saturday Babysitting grandkids
Sunday finish up the blanket chest and start on 2 twin beds for the twin grandkids.

Up in the am to drive 2 hrs to my parents house. No traditional Thanksgiving meal...we're having BBQ. :huh: Just the 4 of us. Mom doesn't need to cook that much, and LOML sure doesn't feel like it. Originally thought we were having steaks, but that changed. :( Have to work Friday 7-6 and Sat 7:30-2. I need to pick up a short car antenna extension to have the shop stereo working again. Moved the antenna outside for better reception, but didn't have enough extension to make it all the way.
Will probably have to pick up leaves Sunday. This is the only time of the year I hate having all the trees!!! Jim.