Question about HF Mini Lathe

I'm new here and new to wood turning as well. I have tried to search the site for info about the HF 10"X18" mini lathe, but the results seem to be everything but what I'm looking for.

I just bought the HF mini lathe, 1/2hp, 10" x 18", cast iron bed. It looks very similar to other machines I see in the market like Rikon, Jet, Turnercrafter, Delta, etc.; they all appear to come from China.

My question is: does anyone here know where I can find an extension bed for this machine? Harbor Freight does not seem to have one. Would an extension for one of the other brands work?

I happened across a thread recently that touched on this subject, and someone bought an extension from Amazon they thought would work, but now I can't find that thread again.

I remember a thread on another forum, I think woodnet, that someone bought a red extension that worked. I assume it would be from Penn State because of the color, but not sure. A call to their cust. service might give you some insight.

Welcome to the Family too. :wave:

Thanks guys, I checked it out and ordered the PSI extension, $25 plus shipping; came to just over $40 total. Guess I need to find me some HF green paint now. :thumb:

HF lathe

If you go online to HF they do in fact have a bed extension you might have to call and ask I bought one after I bought my lathe it was $100 or so and works really well

Hello Ed -- welcome to FWW! :wave:

It's no use trying to sneak in on the sly; sooner or later Cynthia and the "welcoming committee" are sure to notice you. :rolleyes:

It sounds like you've been around the block a couple times ... looking forward to more posts from you.