another gilding projest I did

This was done over a period of one year.
15 Crown and Freeze molding 7'x12" ea.
1800 linner feet of trim
9 pilasters and capitals
34 2'x2' coffer ceiling tiles
We painted 1/4" 4x8's massonite boards black and applied the trim. Gilded everything else. The only part not done in the shop was the fire place wall which had everything attached.
IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

Last edited:
Nice room. Very plain and simple...almost stark in its barren state. :rofl:

That's awesome work, Dave. I see pics of work like that and I'm amazed not only by the work, but by the fact that people actually have rooms like that.

sure is amazing to see what a professional can do in the many facets of woodworking and finishing.. makes those of us that are amateurs, able to see and hopefully respect those better than us.:thumb::thumb:

Here are a few more of the room and a look at the finished room. Plus Jarrod checking out my handy work. Jarrod did the pickets all of them in the main hall. He gilded 8 flutes on each picket.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 28
You did that all onsite? :eek: I was thinking you did all the pieces in your shop, then they were installed. Dang, I'm even that much more amazed and impressed, Dave. :clap:

So...I'm guessing the house is just a little 2-bedroom fixer-upper in Maryland? :p (It's so fancy, they have doormats on the doormats to keep the doormats clean.) :rofl:

Vaughn no I did everything in the shop and then the installer came and pick it all up after it was all assembled and applied the boards with gilding already added and the plaster guy pick his stuff up and applied them. I spent 2 weeks doing touch up to there screw ups :huh:

The house is your typical 5-6 mil house in Potomac. But the customer is the over the top type. Larry go a look at her other house while he was here. Then there is the river house in the very high end district, kind of district that all the Kennedy's lived in. When I get a call from these areas I kind of drop everything and I begin to see bills getting paid and some extra cash in my pocket LOL