Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who's mom makes the best stuffing?

Wink So, who's mom makes the best stuffing?

Man oh man, what a day!

With all of the crap I've been dealing with for the last week I really haven't been eating much. Just a lot of pain, stress, and just haven't felt like eating. I think that I probably ate as much in this one sitting today as I have in the past four or five days COMBINED.

I know that you're going to say I'm wrong and that yours was the best. But I'm going to state right now for the record that my mom's stuffing is the best that has ever been made!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

You're right....you are wrong. My Mom's is better!! Only problem with my Mom's dressing is that she hasn't made it in about 4 years. With just the 4 of us usually, (Mom, Dad, LOML and I) we just don't need all the food that the traditional TG meal consists of. I really miss it too. The dressing on my wife's side of the family just doesn't cut it. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I love Thanksgiving dinner with all of the traditional trimmings. But if I had to choose what my favorite part of the dinner is, it's got to be the stuffing. I could sit down and literally make a meal of just mom's stuffing.

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    My sons mom makes the best stuffing...
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    My sons mom makes the best stuffing...
    Same here.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Bells seasoning Stuffin ain't stuffin without it

My daughters dad makes the best stuffin
    Faith, Hope & Charity

this year giggles made the best i ate
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

My mom's been dead for a couple of years and spent several years before that in a nursing home, but even waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a child, don't remember her ever making "stuffing".... she made dressing in a separate casserole. In truth as a youngster, we didn't do turkey for TG... we were sharecroppers and didn't raise turkeys, but we always had some fat hens.. Chicken and Dressing is what I remember from the younger years. Matter of fact, I don't think my dad liked turkey and if he didn't like it, we didn't have it.

Today, I'll have to vote for Dianne's dressing. This year she found a recipe for a crock pot dressing... that was tasty!!!
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Good question...Stuffing or Dressing ???
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I'm sure it's just me but I'm completely ambivalent about stuffing. I can't say that I've ever eaten any that I considered to be really good. In fact, the whole turkey thing rates only a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me. Now prime rib, I could eat every holiday. Unfortunately, no one else in the family shares this opinion.

Oh and the worse part of it is, we host every holiday - the in-laws for one, then my family for the next. And the in-laws actually send in their orders in advance for what they want and how it's to be prepared.