So, who's mom makes the best stuffing?

John Pollman

Man oh man, what a day!

With all of the crap I've been dealing with for the last week I really haven't been eating much. Just a lot of pain, stress, and just haven't felt like eating. I think that I probably ate as much in this one sitting today as I have in the past four or five days COMBINED.

I know that you're going to say I'm wrong and that yours was the best. But I'm going to state right now for the record that my mom's stuffing is the best that has ever been made! :)

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

John

You're right....you are wrong. My Mom's is better!! :thumb: Only problem with my Mom's dressing is that she hasn't made it in about 4 years. :( With just the 4 of us usually, (Mom, Dad, LOML and I) we just don't need all the food that the traditional TG meal consists of. I really miss it too. The dressing on my wife's side of the family just doesn't cut it. :eek: Jim.

I love Thanksgiving dinner with all of the traditional trimmings. But if I had to choose what my favorite part of the dinner is, it's got to be the stuffing. I could sit down and literally make a meal of just mom's stuffing.

John

My mom's been dead for a couple of years and spent several years before that in a nursing home, but even waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a child, don't remember her ever making "stuffing".... she made dressing in a separate casserole. In truth as a youngster, we didn't do turkey for TG... we were sharecroppers and didn't raise turkeys, but we always had some fat hens.. Chicken and Dressing is what I remember from the younger years. Matter of fact, I don't think my dad liked turkey and if he didn't like it, we didn't have it.

Today, I'll have to vote for Dianne's dressing. This year she found a recipe for a crock pot dressing... that was tasty!!!

I'm sure it's just me but I'm completely ambivalent about stuffing. I can't say that I've ever eaten any that I considered to be really good. In fact, the whole turkey thing rates only a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me. Now prime rib, I could eat every holiday. Unfortunately, no one else in the family shares this opinion.

Oh and the worse part of it is, we host every holiday - the in-laws for one, then my family for the next. And the in-laws actually send in their orders in advance for what they want and how it's to be prepared. :huh:

I'm sure it's just me but I'm completely ambivalent about stuffing. I can't say that I've ever eaten any that I considered to be really good. In fact, the whole turkey thing rates only a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me. Now prime rib, I could eat every holiday. Unfortunately, no one else in the family shares this opinion.

Oh and the worse part of it is, we host every holiday - the in-laws for one, then my family for the next. And the in-laws actually send in their orders in advance for what they want and how it's to be prepared. :huh:

Peter, You are a good host.. If I host the dinner, the guest get what we fix and we pretty much fix what we want... If we hadn't had company this year, we would probably have just gone out to dinner and most likely to a Chinese restaurant, since they likely would have been the only ones open... Now that TG is over and we have lots of Turkey left over, Dianne will fix turkey enchiladas for us next week, then open face turkey sandwiches, then turkey...........:dunno::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh BTW, I agree on the prime rib... if I eat red meat, that's my preferred choice... I'll take that over a steak any day of the week.

Chuck,

I need to disabuse you of the notion that it's me who's the good host. Trust me, it's entirely my wife who has the patience to deal with her family and their particular requests. I have little to no say in the matter. :rolleyes:

And, although turkey doesn't thrill me on the day that it's prepared, I do enjoy the soup and sandwiches that my wife makes from the leftovers.